Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new bike has arrived!!! Here are the first pictures. More to be added tomorrow :) Mine is the first HRC 500 with abs to arrive in my area. The rest are back ordered by approx 3 weeks. Im super excited. I'm having it delivered Monday as the weather sucks at the moment and I'm an hours ride away. Was actually hoping for balmy weather so I cld ride home but alas, the weather is icey rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
I went into my MC store today in Cornwall to buy some de-greaser and there was a CBR500RA in Red White & Blue. I had seen pictures before but to see one in the flesh was too good - so I worked out a trade in for my CBR250RA and I will be on the 500 in a few days. My dealer is only getting in 7 of the new 500's for the year so I feel lucky. I'll post some ride impressions soon :).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats. They are stunning aren't they?! Looking forward to your ride report. I'm super anxious to get mine out, especially on the highway. Weather is uncooperative next few days but hopefully by Wed temp will be a balmy 11C. Post pics as well. I know they all look the same but an ecstatic owner with the bike is priceless:)

Reactions: 3Cheers

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx ll. I will post more pics tomorrow. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
My new bike has arrived!!! Here are the first pictures. More to be added tomorrow :) Mine is the first HRC 500 with abs to arrive in my area. The rest are back ordered by approx 3 weeks. Im super excited. I'm having it delivered Monday as the weather sucks at the moment and I'm an hours ride away. Was actually hoping for balmy weather so I cld ride home but alas, the weather is icey rain.

Congrats! Another person in North America has their bike!

You say you got the HRC with ABS? I thought the ABS only came in Red! If I'd known I'd have held on for an ABS model

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Tri color does look awesome, I bet it looks even better in the flesh. Was my original choice in color but Australia doesn't get any till June, I'm way too impatient to wait that long. I must say I think all these bikes regardless of the color look much better in person, I wasn't too crash hot on the red but when I saw it today for the first time I'm ecstatic over the way it looks.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bike just delivered. Thought i would post the pics of him. Wow, what a solid bike, and sounds brilliant!! Posted pic of the key and notice my bike is number 23!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I don't see any snow in the street. :D

Reactions: shwafia and ROBERT

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
DH, if I recall correctly, we USA toads can indeed only get ABS with the red. Vroom gets a white w/ABS because she is in the Great White North.
Good day, eh.

Reactions: Shinobi and ROBERT

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't see any snow in the street. :D
Just had freezing rain. Also have to insure and register him. But hey, I have a heated vest, now heated grips. Soon as he's legal we're out the garage door ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bike just delivered. Thought i would post the pics of him. Wow, what a solid bike, and sounds brilliant!! Posted pic of the key and notice my bike is number 23!!!
Wow, didn't know each bike was numbered. You can definitely say you are one of the first owners.

Question, do dealers charge for delivery and did you get a sweet deal? I'm looking to finalize a deal tomorrow (Sat. morning)?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just had freezing rain. Also have to insure and register him. But hey, I have a heated vest, now heated grips. Soon as he's legal we're out the garage door ;)
lol - freezing rain!? i thot you were on the island a short ferry ride away? ;)
its 11c in Victoria. turn in your Canada card young man!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol - freezing rain!? i thot you were on the island a short ferry ride away? ;)
its 11c in Victoria. turn in your Canada card young man!
I'm in Conhrane Alberta and I'm a young lady lol

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@A.L.F. Paid $6450 otd, including vest harness, heated grips and delivery. Can't complain ;-)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts