Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished the paperwork up on a Black ABS model Friday and its getting delivered on Monday. Have a 4 day weekend and the weather is looking good for at least Friday and Saturday. Paid just over $8100 out the door. 12% tax will kill you. Here is a couple cell phone pics I took. Didn't have a proper camera since I was rushing from work to get there before they closed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
178 Posts
Niiice, wish we had the abs model in all colors here too. You sound like me man, I took off work early just to get there 10 minutes before they closed and then I rode my bike home in the rain 40+ miles..... new tires/new bike= one cautious guy lol

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Excellent. Welcome aboard. Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Niiice, wish we had the abs model in all colors here too. You sound like me man, I took off work early just to get there 10 minutes before they closed and then I rode my bike home in the rain 40+ miles..... new tires/new bike= one cautious guy lol
I decided that I could wait a couple more days and get the bike delivered on Monday since I was working on Saturday and my only day off till my 4 day weekend next weekend is Sunday. Now that its sunday morning and my day off I regret not riding it home on Friday.

Its nice that Honda opened up a few more color options on the 500's up here. It seems odd that because I can't see any cost savings or benefit to not allowing customers more color choices since the bikes are already being produced in those colors for other markets.

Enjoy your ride man and hope the weather is nice this weekend for you.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Congrats. Looking forward to your contributions to our forum. These 500's are a fun ride. Welcome

·
Registered
219 Posts
12% vehicle tax?! Ouch, and here I complain about our 5% tax. Looks great though, congrats man!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
12% vehicle tax?! Ouch, and here I complain about our 5% tax. Looks great though, congrats man!
No thats 12% tax on everything except pretty much everything except for regular food. We have a 7% PST (Provincal Sales Tax) and a 5% GST (Good and Services Tax). If you buy a used car, truck or motorcycle you don't pay the PST because it was paid when it was new.

You go buy a $10.00 item at the store and it costs you $11.20 to walk you the store with that product for pretty much everything.

And the PST is going up to 8% this summer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice choice the black. I got mine on Friday same colour and have only been on her twice due to constant rain. You should think about a tank protector as soon as possible i've already noticed a couple of small scratches on my tank so I will be investing in either a tank Slapper or a tank pad first thing tomorrow before it gets out of hand.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should think about a tank protector as soon as possible
Thanks for the heads up. It won't be insured till Thursday after work so I will have time to stop by the shop during the evening to pick one up. I am guessing they are universal fit?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yep they pretty much are.. if the dealer is nice - they might stick one on for you!

(unfortunately the black does show scratches up easily so 100% agree about the need to get one!).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Superb. Can you post a picture of your tank protector. You just can't see the full thing on your last picture. Looks great though. Wish we had some dry weather over here so that I can get out and about on mine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Superb. Can you post a picture of your tank protector. You just can't see the full thing on your last picture. Looks great though. Wish we had some dry weather over here so that I can get out and about on mine.
Yep will do.

Negotiated getting off work in the early afternoon so I got to take it out for the first spin. Rain was threatening and the wind was gusting to about 60 km/h so I only took it around the block today.

First impressions its a very easy bike to ride at low speeds. Turning at low speeds the bike went where I wanted it to. I am only 5'8" and 155 lbs but this feels very light weight and easy to maneuver. The torque made it REALLY easy to get the bike going in a controlled manner. Very impressed for a bike that is costing me so little in purchase price, insurance and based on reports fuel economy as well.

And of course a pic of the first ride. ATGATT.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also went to the local dealer to price out the cowl for it and they wanted $206+taxes for it. Appears to be about $150 in the states to I will grab one the next time I am across the border. Does anyone know of an online place that would have a genuine Honda one in stock already? The guy didn't even have the part number yet. He had to look it up on the Honda.com site.

I picked up an oil filter and looked at the biked so I didnt waste all my time driving across town.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts