Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Eight years ago when I turned 70 I rode my Kawasaki Ninja 650 across the country from Washington to Virginia and back. This year I took the easy way out and trailered my CBR500R to Kentucky and then rode for eight days around Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, Tennessee and North Carolina. Some of the roads I rode were The Tail of the Dragon, Cherohola Skyway, Ohio Triple Nickel, Devil's Triangle and Black Mountain. I kept my blog going for most of the ride and it's in The Good Roads: October 2019.

I went from record high temps during my ride (high 80's/low 90's) to record low temps in the drive back home. We barely missed the snow disaster in Denver by leaving at 0430 on Wednesday morning. The next day when we started out from Evanston Wyoming it was 13 degrees F. Good thing I wasn't riding across the country this time.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Good on you. Sounds like, Seventy-eight & going great. Always inspirational to hear of such adventures at a particular age. My father & his buddies did many cross country motorcycle trips all the way into his seventies. They terrorized many waitresses along the way, but always tipped well. So old-school. I certainly hope to be able to follow in your long tire tracks as I age, or shall I say mature. I am 69 & sometimes wonder how the heck I got here, but I hope to keep riding all the way to that final sunset. You are a beacon into the future.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That sounds like a great adventure, I'll definitely check out your blog. I just rode 100 miles this morning starting at ~32F and ending at ~50F in Cheyenne. I can't imagine riding in 13 degree weather.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't ride in 13 degree weather. We were returning home with the bike on the trailer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts