Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member (BCT2013) from Bangkok,Thailand over the weekend spotted a Honda Mugen CBR500R at a shop. Nothing has been confirmed yet or official. It's nice to see Honda coming out with special edition, hopefully we can get some more info and spec on this special edition CBR500R.

Would you buy it?

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
you can buy the exhaust, stickers and rim tapes separately and turn your bike to a mugen bike. They sell every part separately in Bangkok.

·
Registered
582 Posts
They sell all the stickers in Udon too. What I want to know is when will there be a proper Mugen edition out. I'm sure the engine is capable of putting out a lot more power and a set of twin disc brakes wouldn't go amiss either.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I saw a new CB500X with a Mugen muffler at a Honda dealer in Phuket last month; didn't see a sticker, though. Also another one one with a Moriwaki muffler.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow WTH can't believe I didn't see this sooner. Are there any video's of the Mugen CBR500R starting up, on idle and revving? Would be a good idea to post them here :D

I think the next thing we need to see is a Repsol CBR500R!

·
Registered
34 Posts
that looks great, if i saw that before i got mine i probably wouldve grabbed it up instead and as for a repsol 500r that would be pretty sick as well

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I emailed honda here in Australia the other day asking if they had any plans to release a repsol or special addition 500r.

they answered saying tat the 500r comes in red, black or tri colour.

wasnt very helpful :(

i would love a repsol, about to buy a bike in 4 weeks

·
Registered
823 Posts
in Malaysia, at least for the 250R, the repsol and the mugen edition is nothing more than a mere color scheme.
but it set you back around 300 bucks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I saw a Honda with mugen decals on it in the red/black colour scheme as the first post. In sydney

not sure if it was a 500 as it was not marked but seemed to be the right size.

didnt get to stop and look as I was in a hurry.

hopefully get to see it tomorrow and sus it out

·
Registered
91 Posts
I saw a new CB500X with a Mugen muffler at a Honda dealer in Phuket last month; didn't see a sticker, though. Also another one one with a Moriwaki muffler.
Honda Big Wing here in Phuket also had the Moriwaki rearsets for a while, 24,300 baht! :eek Ridiculous!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Honda Big Wing here in Phuket also had the Moriwaki rearsets for a while, 24,300 baht! :eek Ridiculous!
Those must be made from platinum at that price... Paying over 10% of the price of the bike for some rearset... I pass... Fine with my 100% stock bike so far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts