Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those riding Honda CBR500R's, what is the maximum temperature you're ever recorded [on] your muffler?

How did you measure the temperature?

Date
Time
Total Runtime
Photograph image of area
Temperature
*Temperature reading 1
*Temperature reading 2
*Temperature value 3
*Temperature value 4 (example - recorded after 30 seconds)

Have any of you experienced heat damage to your muffler?

Diagrams from Honda Parts House Online are very helpful to me.

-

Has anybody tried placing Factory Effex Temperature Stickers ?
Would anybody be willing to recommend a similar product?
Does anybody know where to find reviews?

-

Thanks for your help.

· Registered
368 Posts
the fact that I burned my leg on the stock exhaust on the 2015 modes was one of the reasons why I switched to a carbon fiber one, it just does not get so hot on the outside ... the fact that it is about 2 kg lighter and has a better sound is nice too I have never measured the temperature though

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My CB-500F's muffler temperature is about as much of a concern to me as the temperature in Nairobi.
Ralph
I would like to apologize if I am misinterpreting well-intended humor. Respectfully, I ask you to be considerate and kind through your words, especially of Kenyon people who are learners no different from us.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please be careful.

-

Maybe, I'm not knowledgeable about how to measure the temperatures at different points on the motorcycle's muffler/exhaust parts. Finding an answer through a Google search, other than a general temperature range, may not be obvious i.e. equipment and techniques.

Thanks for replying to the thread.

· Registered
742 Posts
Nobody means any harm in there reply. But it is good to have banter. We all have different concerns and yours being just another aspect of motorcycling. Buy yourself an infra red heat gun and check it at your leisure. Report back to us.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nobody means any harm in there reply. But it is good to have banter. We all have different concerns and yours being just another aspect of motorcycling. Buy yourself an infra red heat gun and check it at your leisure. Report back to us.
I'm thinking about

. I haven't tried the product. Through website, Chat service is available to those with questions.

Though I don't think a self-created thread would have any representation of persons' awareness and use of any Honda CBR500R, I'm partially of "weirded-out" by how few responses there were.

I'll try to Google more and ask around.

Thanks for your input.

· Registered
1,158 Posts
I am tempted to buy that temperature pen. I have several bikes, most carbureted, and it’s good to read the pipes accurately to make sure she’s firing on all cylinders. There’s only so many burned fingers one will put up with.
I didn’t see temperature range in the specs.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't take it heart. I started a thread about exhaust cooking, only got a couple of replys., But they made me laugh. We are not all wired the same, that's what makes the world go round. Keep posting.
Hey ADIOS600,

Mindfully, I'll take it to thighs (2) or rear (3).
-
Hmm, I haven't seen your thread.
Would you be able to reference?

Respectfully, though i dont completely comprehend your reaction -I feel like your words describe to me some knowledgeable calm e.g. child, laughing is OK - people are smart enough to fix and wire their own ways, people can even joke and healthily confuse others.

Thanks!
-

Your thread seems like an awesome way to learn about recipes and
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

maybe like a hotplate bracket?

Could you direct reference me the hyperlink?
--

Also, I wasn't certain but I really would like to see a thread about favorite casual sneakers.

Here's what I like to wear.
Shoe Wood Floor Flooring Work boots

Art Circle Wood Machine Auto part

1 - 17 of 17 Posts