Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted a motorcycle dash cam onto their CB500F? Have a 2013 and trying to figure out a good location on the front to mount one, and coming up all :unsure:???.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I used to mount an SJ4000 on my bars, I used one of these RAM mounts which sits in front of the clutch or brake mount:

Than you just need an arm and a GoPro adapter to attach the camera. I actually have one of those mounts on both sides of the bike. The other one is how I connect my TomTom sat nav, and I think the mount came with it.

Now that I have taken the camera off, it just means there is just a discreet ball sticking up, so it is easy to ignore, but gives the flexibility if you want to later use it for something else like a mobile phone holder.

Although a problem with a bar mounted camera is that you might suffer vibration, depending on the position on the bike and wind. Also with the SJ4000 I cut a hole in the case so I could attach a USB cable for power, otherwise I had to stop and change batteries every two hours. But the vibrations just saw it rip the USB port from the circuit board!

Now I use a helmet mounted Drift Ghost X. The camera because with the long-life battery park it can record for over eight hours, which means it can last a full 400-mile day trip. And on the helmet because it is just more convenient and I like that when you turn your head it looks in the same direction.

This is useful if you want to use the camera as insurance against accidents and other drivers can be helpful. The blindspot of a bike mounted camera is everything behind it, so if someone besides you tries to merge into your lane you will not capture any if it. With a helmet mounted one you can turn to see the car and will capture it on camera at the same time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't have a GoPro. I have bullit cam which is quite small which I mount on the right hand tank fairing panel with two suckers. Then a fishing line lanyard for safety.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to mount an SJ4000 on my bars, I used one of these RAM mounts which sits in front of the clutch or brake mount:

/[/URL]

Than you just need an arm and a GoPro adapter to attach the camera. I actually have one of those mounts on both sides of the bike. The other one is how I connect my TomTom sat nav, and I think the mount came with it.

Now that I have taken the camera off, it just means there is just a discreet ball sticking up, so it is easy to ignore, but gives the flexibility if you want to later use it for something else like a mobile phone holder.

Although a problem with a bar mounted camera is that you might suffer vibration, depending on the position on the bike and wind. Also with the SJ4000 I cut a hole in the case so I could attach a USB cable for power, otherwise I had to stop and change batteries every two hours. But the vibrations just saw it rip the USB port from the circuit board!

Now I use a helmet mounted Drift Ghost X. The camera because with the long-life battery park it can record for over eight hours, which means it can last a full 400-mile day trip. And on the helmet because it is just more convenient and I like that when you turn your head it looks in the same direction.

This is useful if you want to use the camera as insurance against accidents and other drivers can be helpful. The blindspot of a bike mounted camera is everything behind it, so if someone besides you tries to merge into your lane you will not capture any if it. With a helmet mounted one you can turn to see the car and will capture it on camera at the same time.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, the mounts for my cameras are not adjustable in any way.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My camera is the same,but it is smaller than yours with no weight. It's connected with two P clips and two suckers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts