Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Don't know how it works where you live, but I can't buy a new complete engine here, only all the the parts.

I've fixed an turned around a few bikes and I agree with Michael, there's always more to it than you see at first sight.

Hopefully things will go smooth and the bike will hold up at higher speeds than 10mph! :)

Discussion starter · #23 ·
**************UPDATE************UPDATE********************UPDATE********

CB500x engine is a plug and play motor. Nothing was different as in the plugs, and even had a 15t counter sprocket which is also what the cbr500r has. Removing and installing engines only took a few hours. Bike is up and running just waiting for my radiator and left middle cowl to come in at my local honda dealer. Then bike will be ready for the road!

The differences in wire harness part numbers and ecu numbers should be specific to the bikes not the engines per say. The cbr and cbx have different tunes and make power in different ways, this would be the big difference in the ecu’s. That said the cbr ecu with the cbr harness on the cbx engine should be just fine. has this been completed? Curious to confirm my thoughts.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.