Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike: 2016 CBR500R Matte black

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and hope you are all doing well. Recently I faced a fall while riding and I have been doing some repair and mods all summer. I did body work on the fairing and used factory paint it looks a little off so I think I may try to do a couple more coats I am not sure if this color needs clearcoat. Also, the bar end slider is scraped up and bent and I want to replace it with a gold one as well as gold levers. The alternator cover is an easy replacement but I don't know a solid place for OEM parts that are not knockoffs from Asia. The bottom edge of the tank is somewhat scuffed up but I think some proper sanding and touch up might do the trick.

The advice I am looking for:

For the bar ends, anyone know a great product and a good way to remove it I was struggling with it but I just assumed because it was bent that's why I was having a rough time with taking it off?

Next, a solid website for OEM parts?

Opinion on keeping everything factory color and replacing the silver pieces with gold bits? Opinion on a set of gold bolts and front and rear sets and where to maybe buy a known product?

Thanks yo.
-Rishi
IMG-4176.jpg IMG-4175.jpg IMG-4174.jpg IMG-4173.jpg IMG-4176.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
This link may help with removing the bar ends, as they are tricky anyway.

And this is a popular site for buying parts in the U.S.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This link may help with removing the bar ends, as they are tricky anyway.

And this is a popular site for buying parts in the U.S.

[/URL]

Thanks I appreciate the help!

-Rishi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts