Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New CB owner here.
I ordered a Leovince nero slipon for my bike. Sadly they send me a centerstand version and my bike doesn't have a center stand but a side stand. I only realized this after i fully installed the exhaust so I can't send it back.
Does it pose any troubles to have the centerstand version on my sidestand bike? Everything fits well, only this metal piece on the pipe worries me which is to block or stop the center stand i guess.

Thank you for your replies
#ridesafe

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
If it fits as well as you've said, why worry? Especially since nobody but you will ever see and recognize the difference. nd if you decide to add a center stand sometime in the future, you'll be ready.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Airhead has it right. I suggest you consider adding a centerstand as it makes chain maintenance much easier both at home & when traveling. The Honda OEM one work great.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Airhead has it right. I suggest you consider adding a centerstand as it makes chain maintenance much easier both at home & when traveling. The Honda OEM one work great.
It's reasonably priced also. Not sure what year or model you have, but the price will be comparable.

·
Registered
75 Posts
...only this metal piece on the pipe worries me which is to block or stop the center stand i guess.
It won't be a problem. That metal piece doesn't interfere with anything regarding clearance. I actually had to fabricate my own type of metal ear when I put on my Coffman's exhaust and I added a center stand. It took me awhile to get the piece fitted exactly how I liked it to stop the center stand from getting too near the tire for my tastes. If you ever do decide to get the center stand, believe me, you'll be glad that little stop is there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts