Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here so if this is the wrong section lmk and ill move the post.

This is a weird one and I can't figure it out to save my life. So my left side turn signals will go off randomly when the bike is at idle and when I brake hard or accelerate hard. I have aftermarket LED turn signals and brake light. the brake light has integrated turn signals but they do NOT randomly go off like the side turn signals do. (i have to have rear independent turn signals to pass safety check here). I have ruled out incorrect wiring for the aftermarket stuff by prosses of elimination (disconnecting all signals and just testing one at a time). I have also put the old relay back in that came with the bike and that didn't fix it so it's not the LED relay. This leads me to believe that there may be a short somewhere in the running light circuit for the turn signals but I can't find any breaks in the wires. I also can't find any bad grounds. at this point, I'm at a loss. If anyone has any ideas or has had this problem before, any and all help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It sounds like a loose connection. See if you can duplicate the problem.... by moving the wiring coming out of the turn signal assembly. It should be a covered wiring harness leaving the turn signal switch. I had the same problem after installing heated grips... I zip-tied the wiring to the bikes existing wiring bundle, putting too much pressure on it. Loosening the zip-tie with more slack solved the problem I caused. If it's not at the switch, try moving around the rest of the wires everywhere else attached to the turn signals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts