Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slapped this little guy in, pleased with the results. First two images are stock 5/20w incandescent. Second two are superbrightleds.com 1157-x45-T LED which is 165ma current draw, $23.

Reflection on my garage door looks identical LED vs. stock. Looking directly at the tail lamp close up with LED bulb leaves my head spinning. Faster response time, longer bulb life. Nice little upgrade IMO. Just throwin' that out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice, It looks like when the brake is on the LED is brighter.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just picked up a set from Amazon, can't wait to get them in tomorrow.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Slapped this little guy in, pleased with the results. First two images are stock 5/20w incandescent. Second two are superbrightleds.com 1157-x45-T LED which is 165ma current draw, $23.

Reflection on my garage door looks identical LED vs. stock. Looking directly at the tail lamp close up with LED bulb leaves my head spinning. Faster response time, longer bulb life. Nice little upgrade IMO. Just throwin' that out there.
Yep, I have the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next I swapped the stock Honda red reflector in back a red 3-watt LED warning light ($40 at Strobes N More) with the same footprint. Replacing that stock reflector with this LED lighthead looks clean and discreet, like a factory option, in my opinion. It's bright as all **** but has an option to dim the intensity if needed. I've done this same mod with other Honda bikes I've owned in the past and always like the results.

It is wired to illuminate only when brakes applied. The unit has a built-in flasher with several patterns, but the patterns are all constantly flashing. So instead I hooked it to a LSC-100A ($6 at Super Bright LEDs) taillight modulator that flashes fast, then slow, then steady, to keep it legal. Think it will help get attention when stopped.

After witnessing a guy on a bike get pushed into the intersection on his Triumph while stopped at a red light recently, I'm wanting to be as obvious as possible to others coming up on me.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Next I swapped the stock Honda red reflector in back a red 3-watt LED warning light ($40 at Strobes N More) with the same footprint. Replacing that stock reflector with this LED lighthead looks clean and discreet, like a factory option, in my opinion. It's bright as all **** but has an option to dim the intensity if needed.
Sorry for the necrothread thread . But do u have the part number for this reflector. Can seem so find it at on the website . Thanks

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
DFWCBR,
Please give the model number of the StrobesNMore unit that you used.

·
Registered
89 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts