Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

LD's CB500XA Through The Years and Rides

5K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  loloyd 
#1 · (Edited)
Just sharing a few photos of my CB500XA through its rides and through the years. Please excuse my ugly mug in some of these pictures. >:)

2017 10 08 at Kaybiang Tunnel, in Maragondon, Cavite.

2017 09 29 at Diliman, Quezon City.

2017 09 24 somewhere near Dinadiawan in Quirino or Aurora Province

To be continued.... possibly...

See less See more
#11 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty sure you each have interesting destinations and journeys as well. I only started motorcycle riding around 9 years ago after being exclusively a cage driver for 17 years. It is when and where I discovered that I can truly enjoy the journey (heavy traffic is still a nightmare though) and not only the destination. Back in those times of realization and discovery, doing one particularly large lake loop was unthinkable to be doing in a car, but not with a motorcycle, especially in the context our country's traffic and road conditions. I became hooked. And I even made a scooter as my daily ride.

#13 ·
Thank you.

This can't be seen but sometimes, she complains a lot - about the weather, the tiring pillion position, her aching back, legs and butt due to extended saddle time, bumpy roads, my sometimes aggressive riding maneuvers and my scary-only-to-her lean angles LOL. During our longer rides that take quite a few hours, she would sleep behind me - where I would drastically wake her up or offer for us to stop, which is not particularly great when traveling with large groups. Despite all this, I still love riding with her, because I'd miss her terribly when I get to enjoy the views and destinations and she's not with me. Otherwise, I'd end up looking for "alternatives" in those faraway destinations >:).

I live in the city and I'm not getting younger. I therefore enjoy my rides to the country side.

#16 ·
Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos.

It's a beautiful part of the world we seldom see.

And you have a cool bike.

Many thanks.

Snade

Reactions: loloyd
#17 ·
Reviving this little thread here to add a few more pictures.

Wife poses at a gas stop, with my riding group ATP's bikes around.

Buying a local delicacy from a nearby province. Note the paint scrape/peel from the engine cover. That has been getting larger and larger.

Stopping to snap a picture of a provincial municipal hall

In front of our Lady of Namacpacan cathedral

#18 ·
At an arbitrary rest stop along the mountainside highway in north Luzon, with my riding buddies during the Cordillera Adventure Tour Level 1 event, featuring 4,816 curves

At the Sagada town entrance

At Bontoc municipal capitol

Somewhere along the mountain passes in the mountainous Cordillera region of North Luzon

Rice terraces as our backdrop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.