Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I've currently got a 1,000cc KTM adventure. It's a great bike and when you are in the mood its unbeatable but at 5am or coming back from working nights it's tiring, punishing.

During my DA course I briefly had a spin round the yard on a CB500F. The tutor told me to get off it and get back on the Gladius :(

Anyway, am I mad? Is it just underpowered? Most of the riding will be commuting with a tall puigi screen fitted and winter etc riding.

I'm also 6ft1 33inseam.

· Registered
8 Posts
You might be mad. I love mine, it's really easy going, no effort to ride. There's not much go from 70mph onwards compared to bigger bikes, but below that it's fun. There are better bikes for motorway work but it will do it. It will do everything you ask of it really. I am 6'3 and I find it comfortable for 90 mins and can manage 2hrs but then need to take a break. I do miss having more power but the easy handling, light weight, and all round fun factor make up for it for me. I ride it mainly on back roads and in town and for both of these it's great. Totally different prospect to a KTM adventure.

· Registered
28 Posts
OK I've currently got a 1,000cc KTM adventure. It's a great bike and when you are in the mood its unbeatable but at 5am or coming back from working nights it's tiring, punishing.

During my DA course I briefly had a spin round the yard on a CB500F. The tutor told me to get off it and get back on the Gladius :(

Anyway, am I mad? Is it just underpowered? Most of the riding will be commuting with a tall puigi screen fitted and winter etc riding.

I'm also 6ft1 33inseam.
Power is enough for me. I have no business going over 100mph on the highway anyway. Ride it everyday to work and every other day on mountain roads. I have passed some 1000s and some 600s. It all depends on the rider really. Great mpgs easy to handle and easy on maintenance both difficulty and monetarily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts