Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my black cbr500r home really excited to ride it. bought a 200 dollar helmet and a 200 dollar jacket OTP $6034.00

·
Registered
157 Posts
i just got my black cbr500r home really excited to ride it. bought a 200 dollar helmet and a 200 dollar jacket OTP $6034.00
See now we need to know what color ... and what color the riding gear is ... you can't just leave that to everyone's imagination ... :)

Congrats on the bike and gear .. ride safe .. and always keep you stick on the ice (Canadian's should know this reference??)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i bought a matte black icon helmet and a black icon coat so they match the bike will post a image of bike and myself probley sometime tomorrow and im not canadian im from north dakota... which is pretty much in canada i suppose

·
Registered
8 Posts
is that $6034 out the door including taxes and DMV? Sounds really good, given the MSRP is 6000 (assuming you got non-AbS since Tupi said its black). I am finding it hard to find anyone who will discount below MSRP.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nice one matte black.. lovely!!

(I have a similar helmet).

·
Registered
113 Posts
cbr500r just arrived yesterday... so skipped college to check it out man the bike is awesome same size as the 600rr but a little bit longer...

Reactions: DeaDStarS and iddo

·
Registered
113 Posts
looks like i gotta wait another week... left the dealership to pick up my trailer and make a deal on the bike and finalize insurance just to be told someone already financed the bike... i was mad, talk about low blow...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
looks like i gotta wait another week... left the dealership to pick up my trailer and make a deal on the bike and finalize insurance just to be told someone already financed the bike... i was mad, talk about low blow...
Really??? Wow! I'd be furious as well. We're you told this bike was reserved for you? That is low down. So sorry for you.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Yeah, if you don't give them a deposit, they don't have to hold it.

It sucks though. Bad luck.

I went to get mine today, and they have to order it. So I get to wait at least 30 days. I'm in no hurry for it, and it will be SO worth it!

Better late than never!
:D

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
me and my bike
Gloves, pants, and boots.
Believe me, you don't want to leave those parts of your body unprotected.
I'd especially recommend getting boots that cover your ankles. You DO NOT want to have an accident with exposed ankles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol just dropped 6k on a bike the boots gloves and pants gotta wait a couple weeks but until then iv got some steele toe boots and a set of my old black football gloves with padded knucles idk how to spell that lol and just wear jeans for now i guess

·
Registered
565 Posts
As Mikethebear says dude, gear up - it's essential, even I minor knock will hurt on those bikes...

·
Registered
458 Posts
It's up to the OP what gear he wears, not the rest of us. It's his life and his safety not ours.
If it's a case of money, you can always get 2nd hand gear on places like ebay.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts