Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cbr500r coffman shorty exhaust

Whats up guys!? So i'm new to the CBR500R community. Just bought a used 2013 CBR500R a few days ago and I had already installed a COFFMAN shorty exhaust on it. I personally love the look of it and hate the original exhaust. It definitely has a beefier sound and look.
I live in California and care less about sound emissions. I previously owned a CBR250R with a Black Series Two Brothers exhaust and that seemed louder then the COFFMAN.

I'm going to try and knock two birds with one stone and post a picture and a video for you guys. This thread help me choose my exhaust to begin with so I thought I'd give back.

YOUTUBE - CBR500R - COFFMAN SHORTY EXHAUST ( NO SILENCER )

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love the look of the shorter pipe. I think I might go with this one. I hate the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I hate the stock exhaust as well, but the Coffman almost looks too short. Trying to find a nice inbetween. Yoshi and TBR are just relatively big money (I can buy a downpipe for my FSI for that much money...)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I almost bought the coffman. But the $200 price tag was IMO too much for what I get. Compared to the Leo Vince GP Corsa, same price, the name, and much more material. In the end I bought a Danmoto for 140 shipped. I might sell the bike in a year or two, and I don't want to spend too much on aftermarket since they won't retain any value anyways. Who knows, if I decide to keep this bike till it dies, I'll get a full system.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So far I have only ridden my CB500F mufflerless - since thats how she came to me. I ordered this as my 1st mod/upgrade and am excited to see how it works out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought one of these based on the reviews that I read here and man, am I glad I did! Looks super sharp and sounds even better. I'm not sure what the dB level is, but it seems to be within reason. Considering taking out all of the baffles tho...

Also, I can't post to the classifieds yet, but PM me if you're interested in the stock exhaust. It's completely flawless as I took it off the bike before it had 100 miles on it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The downshift burbles are nice with the baffles out. Definitely lose some low end, but the sound is fun. I kept mine out for a couple of weeks before going back.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts