Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard John McPint will race a CBR500R in the first race at the Isle of Man TT this summer.Should be interesting

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice, the senior TT was cancelled last year not sure of why but it was only the junior in the run of isle of man while all the seniors that attended only watched from the sidelines of the Isle last summer. McGuinness has quite a few wins under his belt, this guy is a legend it'll be interesting to watch him in the lightweight senior class this summer. Go team Honda!

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
YES Big Mac is back! This is great stuff now I have something to look forward to watching in the summer. He will be racing for the Philip Morris Team which they are already prepping the Honda CBR500R. Rumors are that they already went through over 50 dyno session to try and get it perfectly tuned for big mac. Team Honda will be going up against a few top teams including Suzuki who are bolstering their efforts with a bigger presence of riders using their SV650. To the death of the isle!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would love to see how Philip Morris race team's Honda CBR500R will turn out to be like. If they have spent that much dyno time on it already theres no doubt this things gonna be an incredible machine. Lets just hope it holds itself in one piece. If anybodys gonna make the most of the CBR500r its gonna be Philip Morris. Whats the exact date of the race or at least which month?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I may be wrong but I think bad weather at the higher elevations resulted in the Senior cancellation last year. Rain and thick fog making for poor visibility and sketchy roads.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Here's the article about John McGuinness racing for Honda using the CBR500 in the isle of man.

Morecambe's John McGuinness has entered this year's Lightweight TT.

Published on Thursday 7 March 2013 12:16

John McGuinness will line up in this year’s Lightweight TT at the Isle of Man racing festival.
The Morecambe Missile, a 19-time TT race winner, will be on board Honda’s CBR500R for the race on Friday, June 7.
He will ride for Phil Morris’s RLR racing team for the first time in nearly a decade when he took back-to-back victories in the Lightweight TT on board a Honda VFR400.
McGuinness, who wasn’t in last year’s race, said: “It was strange sitting on the sidelines last year while the race was on, particularly as the Senior was cancelled as well.
“It’s an interesting class and will present different challenges to the other races but I’m looking forward to having a crack.
“The team undoubtedly has a lot to do in a short space of time to be ready but I’ve got every faith in them.”
Team owner Morris said: “We got the new bike delivered last week and we’ve already spent time with it on the dyno.
“We know we have a lot to do, but it’s an exciting opportunity and John is really up for it.
“We have a great bike and the best rider so the aim is to be on the top step of the podium this year.”
McGuinness to race in Lightweight TT - Isle of Man TT - The visitor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts