Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm on the highway especially, doing about 130 / 140kph and I tap off, the bike starts jerking... if I accelerate it smooths off, but when I start slowing down it jerks... any ideas here? It has 22 000km on the clock. 2015 model. You can actually see the jerking on the rev counter...

·
Registered
342 Posts
first thing that comes to mind is checking chain tension, not sure if you would see it on the rev counter, so the next thing would be to check the throttle, if it returns to closed correctly, you can do it by removing the air filter and looking in at the throttle bodies if they operate correctly when moving the throttle

that's about what comes to my mind ... maybe someone else will have other ideas

·
Registered
370 Posts
As Yamioto says check your chain tension, I would check the cush drive at the rear sprocket also. But I would think you would feel all this at lower speeds as a backlash, and not being smooth when changing gear.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well in my car when it jerked at speed it was an injector. It wasn't closing correctly.
So maybe try a fuel cleaner?

·
Registered
373 Posts
It is possible that multiple chain links have seized (i.e. cannot straighten the "kink" link with both hands), particularly with the OEM/stock chain. If it is, replace the chain ASAP. Chains need regular maintenance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Checking the chain for that should be easy -- one should check and clean/lube the chain every 500 miles anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone. Problem solved. Turns out my chain and sprocket needed replacing. Did it now and wow, what a difference. Thank yo all for your advice :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts