Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
The seat cowl does finish the bike off really well... can't wait to get my hands on one asap.

Nice one...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does the rear cowl pop off with the key just like the rear seat so you can still use the helmet lock and the storage under the rear seat?

·
Registered
458 Posts
That looks great, congrat's. Has anyone thought about powder coating the pillion foot pegs, rear sets and belly pan, black?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Love the rear seat cowl. Very slick. Mine is on order. ( along with the bike )
My seat cowl should be here next week, my bike won't be here for another month.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cowl

Getting a seat cowl for mine and that is holding the whole deal up. Dealer ordered one but wrong colour arrived. In Australia you can register bike about $200 cheaper if you convert to solo machine. So that's it, seat off, seat cowl on, and rear pegs off. $200 per year for the ten I will probably own her = $2000! Good Deal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah still pops off with the key. I try to leave mine alone cause it fingerprints real easy! LOL My only complaint is the rubber part is different than the seat and shows finger oil real bad. I used some tire foam and it shined it up well but dosnt last. Im hoping the sun will take care of this.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks great, I should have mine next week. After seeing how much better yours looks I'm really excited to fit mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dealership threw mine in as part of the deal, it looks awesome with the cowl.

It was back-ordered for about 3 weeks but worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Shd be picking mine up this coming week. From what I understand this cowl set also eliminates the grab rails. If so, how?? Wld not miss those things lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Shd be picking mine up this coming week. From what I understand this cowl set also eliminates the grab rails. If so, how?? Wld not miss those things lol
You unbolt the grab bars and there are two plastic panels that fill in the spots. You can't put on the cowl without removing the grab bars.

The cowl itself clips in just like the rear seat so you can still use the helmet lock. I found it to be a little tighter than the seat and you have to push it forward to get in far enough in so it will lock on.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Is there one that matches the red CB500F? Not sure if it's been asked yet.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Thx Riceroket. My previous bikes had cowls but not that had a kit to remove the grab rails. I'm excited about this new one. Tail will look much sleeker imo

·
Registered
219 Posts
I went digging around on Honda's site the other day trying to find a part number for a red cowl, but for some reason it's not listed on their site.. only black and white ones. Come on Honda, red is your namesake color for cryin' out loud!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts