Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Tricolor R FINALLY came in yesterday, I went in and sat on it then scheduled a test ride for this morning. HOLY CRAP is this bike good. There is one tiny detail that I absolutely love about it and makes me smile every single time I start from a stop- The jet turbine-esque noise that the engine makes winding up when youre starting from a stop.

Needless to say I just traded in the 250. I test rode it 30 miles and ran the crap out of it in places, and still managed an average of 44mpg indicated. I feel like riding responsibly I will easily see 50s and maybe 60s. I recorded my test ride, so I'll edit that up tonight when I get home and throw it on youtube and on here. As well as pictures of the bike.

Big note to test riders- be really careful on the new tires. They are REALLY slick. As in, front end sliding under moderate braking pressure slick. After you run on them a bit that stops, but it was still pretty freaky

My enjoyment is hard to express in words, so I have a feeling the video will be pretty interesting to watch.

It is definitely alot more bike than a 'bigger 250'. Its a different animal. I'm planning on writing up a full fledged review/video review after the first 100 miles, so expect that sometime next week.

I'm so happy!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just found out that I'm the biggest idiot on earth. I use a flash voice recorder to capture voice when I'm recording, and the mic has an inline power switch. I forgot to turn it on. So my hour long test ride now has no accompanying audio. I could kick myself.

I'm going to go out and make a video tomorrow night, but it's not going to be the same at all because now I'm actually a little used to the bike. I'm just flat out stupid.

Reactions: Natrix
1 - 3 of 3 Posts