Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight someone knocked my bike over again, this time it looks like someone pulled into the spot and hit it. The first time I got lucky, only minor scratching on mirror and bar end. This time there are cracks around the right side fairing, deep scratches in the paint.

After the last time, I figured maybe I should make my bike as visible as possible. I put reflective tape all over the bike cover. So either someone is completely blind, or someone is doing this on purpose.

I've had it. The bike only has 200 miles and has been knocked over twice. I saved for months to be able to get it. You can't have anything nice in this world, because someone will always **** it up.

Ride safe guys. I'm selling mine. I'm done with this crap.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
do not do that darkharvest.
no not yield man just bc of an idiot ****** hates bikes and bikers.
Why do you need to throw the towel bc of someone else?
These are just plastic, you can change for cheap.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude.. the spin-less cowards don't have the guts to confront you with their problem. Sod em, don't give them the satisfaction.

I agree with the camera suggestion. Find out who it is and make the pay for the damages and get criminal proceedings going. I'm sure you have reported it to the police but keep doing so..

Don't sell it, you have done your hardest to get the bike and you have every right to enjoy it.

Reactions: DeaDStarS

·
Registered
458 Posts
Is there no where close to you where you could rent a garage for overnight storage? I know it's more money but it would give you peace of mind at night.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Selling your bike is a drastic measure :( the above suggestions may offer some suctioned for you. Installing an alarm that can awaken the dead may be an idea?! :0

·
Registered
505 Posts
L2R, sending your Canadian cold front to Houston want stop me from riding me bike! :D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am very sorry to hear that your bike has been violated again .. don't sell her (or him) I understand you saved and sacrificed a lot to get this bike ... find an alternative maybe chaining it to something upright.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I hope not ;) are you expecting nasty weather???
The weather has been really variable. It rained yesterday. This morning it was in the 50's. A couple of days ago it hit 86 and was very humid. My new Outlast shirts aren't going to handle humidity. Your cold fronts usually clear everything out and make good riding weather! Thanks! I'm going for a ride!:D

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Tonight someone knocked my bike over again, this time it looks like someone pulled into the spot and hit it. The first time I got lucky, only minor scratching on mirror and bar end. This time there are cracks around the right side fairing, deep scratches in the paint.

After the last time, I figured maybe I should make my bike as visible as possible. I put reflective tape all over the bike cover. So either someone is completely blind, or someone is doing this on purpose.

I've had it. The bike only has 200 miles and has been knocked over twice. I saved for months to be able to get it. You can't have anything nice in this world, because someone will always **** it up.

Ride safe guys. I'm selling mine. I'm done with this crap.
don't give in man. Use a camera and catch this sucker and make him pay up that poor cbr500. Are you parking in the same spot?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a bike with an alarm and it worked very well. This was a cruiser that was decked-out with all kinds of stuff that kids loved to play with. This alarm made a high-pitched screaming noise and caused several perps a lot of embarrassment. It'd wake everyone in the neighborhood! Cost around $40 and was money that was well spent. It went with the bike when I sold it. Where I live now I don't need it. (moved to a rural area) Anyway, just a thought. I wouldn't give-in to some jerk who is jealous of your new bike!

·
Registered
113 Posts
dang thats messed up bro... do you live in apartments? this makes me want to start parking my bike in my spare bedroom. i live in an apt on bottom floor

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The firs time it happened I think someone did it intentionally. This time somone pulled into the parking spot and hit with with their car.

A neighbor saw it happen, a read Honda Accord, but had no other info like a description of the person or license plate. Basically I am screwed and am going to have to pay for the damages out of pocket. That's a bunch of crap because I cna only imagine the cost.

Right now I am storing it at the locked parking garage where I work until I can get it fixed. Alongside the cracks and scratches, I think my brake handle is messed up because the front break won't pull in all the way and doesn't seem to have the same power that it once had. I'm also thinking ym handbars may have gotten slightly bent.

·
Registered
143 Posts
A similar thing happened to me, bike got knocked over at the shops but somebody took down the licence number. Every time I go to that shop which is weekly, I'm always looking out for that freaking Mercedes. No luck in the last 2 years.

Anyway i hope you get your pride and joy all fixed soon .

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I certainly sympathize. This sucks. I'd be fairly enraged.
However, I would move to a different neighborhood before getting rid of my ride. Video surveillance can be cheap to set up, and there are some inexpensive alarm type things you can set up, too.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I haven't looked for many parts for our 250, or any for the 500 yet, but it seemed like parts were fairly inexpensive for the 250. I'd hope the same for the 500. Amay e this wont cost too much.
This will be a good opportunity to upgrade your brake and clutch levers, too. Some shorty adjustables, perhaps. There's a thread on levers you might peruse.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Very sorry to hear.. It does sound frustrating.. I would change where I park. Park very far away from everyone.

If this is in the same area I'd put up cameras and try to catch the clown.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh man sorry to hear mate. I hope this doesn't happen to anybody else on their cbr500 or any riders even. It seems like every body in cars just care less about motorcycles. I've had a couple close calls in the pass where some idiot would be too close to me and trying to cut in. This is where i end up kicking their fenders.

I say when you get it all fixed you park it in an area with less traffic and a camera might help if anything were to happen again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts