Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got in my first "off-roading" with the X over the weekend. I come from a background of nearly 40 years of racing motocross, so riding the X off-road was an eye opening experience.

The only big problem I had for light off-roading was the stock street tires. I was only riding on gravel and dirt roads and the bike was all over the place. I don't plan on riding it that much off-road so I doubt I'll change the tires, but if I did I would think the bike would handle dirt/gravel roads fairly well.

I had thought about taking the X to one of my local tracks and hucking a small double with it, but after last weekend that plan is canceled. I went over a small bump/jump last weekend and got about two feet off the ground and the bike bottomed extremely hard upon landing. Hitting any bigger jumps is completely out of the question, although it feels like it has more than enough power on tap to get over small doubles at the local track.

I road up a couple of fairly steep hills last weekend, once again the engine had plenty of yank but the tires made it somewhat terrifying. Maybe I should look into some 80% street 20% dirt tires just for those times when I need to go off-road to get where I really want to go.

·
Registered
296 Posts
101 - 109 of 109 Posts