Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for engine guards for 2017 cb500FA and wondering if that model and any cb500x models are interchangeable.
(Hoping the tn1121 by Givi is.
Thoughts? Experiences.

Thanks!

·
Registered
635 Posts
The TN1121 will not fit for the CB500F. The front of the two bikes are completely different.

The X is taller so it has more space where the cross bar goes above the radiator. The F has no space there (and I think the radiator is lower too) so there is no way to make it fit as it would have to go through the headlamp.

I am pretty sure the only sort of guards that could possibly fit both bikes would be ones without a cross bar.

It is also worth remembering that the 2019 X introduced a a 19" wheel, so depending on which year CB500X you are interested it, it may not even be that guards for older and newer models of the same bike are interchangeable. I am pretty sure that is the case with the Givi, with the TN1171 being offered for later models. It also does not have the cross bar, though I do not think it is compatible with any F models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The TN1121 will not fit for the CB500F. The front of the two bikes are completely different.

The X is taller so it has more space where the cross bar goes above the radiator. The F has no space there (and I think the radiator is lower too) so there is no way to make it fit as it would have to go through the headlamp.

I am pretty sure the only sort of guards that could possibly fit both bikes would be ones without a cross bar.

It is also worth remembering that the 2019 X introduced a a 19" wheel, so depending on which year CB500X you are interested it, it may not even be that guards for older and newer models of the same bike are interchangeable. I am pretty sure that is the case with the Givi, with the TN1171 being offered for later models. It also does not have the cross bar, though I do not think it is compatible with any F models.
Thank you. My cb500f is a 2017. Nice bike. Expensive accessories.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts