Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2014 CBR 500r and am at a loss to how to rewire the new integrated tail light without blowing a fuse. I got the turn signals to work so I've pushed those yellow wires out of the way for now. On the right are the wires from the bike (pink/blue, green/yellow, solid green) and on the left are the wires from the integrated tail light (green, red, black)

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think you will need to look at the instructions for your integrator light, according to my manual,

:- the pink/blue wire is the tail light & license plate light, goes positive with the ignition turned on to light the tail light
:- the green wire is the negative or earth connection
:- the green/yellow is the brake light, goes positive when either front or rear brakes are applied (and ignition is on)

I would guess that green wire on the integrator is the brake light (so should connect to the green/yellow wire on the bike), The black wire is normally negative so would connect to the Green wire on the bike and the red wire would be the tail light so it connects to the pink/blue wire on the bike) but without seeing the instructions for the integrator I could be wrong. Hopefully knowing what the bike wires are will help connect up the integrator.

Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts