Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need to remove the plastic cowl that fits around the instrument cluster. Are there any online manuals or tricks you guys know of? I just want to make sure I don't damage anything.

·
Super Moderator
1,264 Posts
short of pulling the whole front end apart, it is possible to remove it with just the main front fairings off. I managed to do so when installing my lcd screen, there's enough flex to get it off, though you will be swearing a bit in the process.

It's hard to explain but basically tilt it towards you, put the ends closest to you above the chassis rails (under the tank), tilt more, flex the corners of the windscreen fairing out and you need to pop the cowl over those at the same time, won't work one-by-one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
short of pulling the whole front end apart, it is possible to remove it with just the main front fairings off. I managed to do so when installing my lcd screen, there's enough flex to get it off, though you will be swearing a bit in the process.

It's hard to explain but basically tilt it towards you, put the ends closest to you above the chassis rails (under the tank), tilt more, flex the corners of the windscreen fairing out and you need to pop the cowl over those at the same time, won't work one-by-one.
I managed to get it off this afternoon. I just flexed it and moved it out bit by bit. A little tricky but got it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts