Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i fit a full akro sysyem to my 2019 cbr550r will i need a power commander and a dyno?

·
Registered
176 Posts
if i fit a full akro sysyem to my 2019 cbr550r will i need a power commander and a dyno?
You said you're overseas from the US. As a general rule, if the bike was manufactured to meet "emission standards", then Yes.. A full system will eliminate a catalytic converter (which may be built into the muffler where it's not visible), and will require a tune or power commander to properly deal with the air/fuel system. The bike may run without a tune/power commander.. but I doubt you'd be satisfied with the results or performance.

·
Registered
176 Posts
With some research, you may find some plug-and-play solutions to handling the air/fuel systems problems that come along with modifying the full exhaust. Dynojet, for example, has a pretty good website that explains what and how their products work. I'm sure other manufacturers have as well. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tha
With some research, you may find some plug-and-play solutions to handling the air/fuel systems problems that come along with modifying the full exhaust. Dynojet, for example, has a pretty good website that explains what and how their products work. I'm sure other manufacturers have as well. Good Luck.
nks - i'll buy the dynojet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts