·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really becoming fond of this bike.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice! I have an Ogio taibag I'd like to use on my R but, there are only two prongs to mount to whereas it looks like the X has slots or something.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
You finally got it... congrats!

How do you like it? How's the wind protection, there's a thread about the screen not being to everybody's satisfaction.

I considered the X but in the end went for the CRFM because I'm an enduro guy, the CRF is lighter, has better suspension (43mm forks, 8.7" travel compared to the X 41mm, 5.5" travel which is just about an inch more than the R) and is easier around town. Also the looks - the CRFM's supermoto looks definitely beat the "adventure look" of the X!

Just did a 2,000+ km trip going 100 to 120 km/h and passed 90% of the traffic on the hiways. Lots of trucks and Diesel pick ups on the road! One day I did 700 km, at that speed the wind protection is not an issue and I have a piece of foam I place on the seat when I go distances.

If I'd live in the US I'd have gotten the X for sure!

It's quite a step up from the 230, innit?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You finally got it... congrats!

How do you like it? How's the wind protection, there's a thread about the screen not being to everybody's satisfaction.

I considered the X but in the end went for the CRFM because I'm an enduro guy, the CRF is lighter, has better suspension (43mm forks, 8.7" travel compared to the X 41mm, 5.5" travel which is just about an inch more than the R) and is easier around town. Also the looks - the CRFM's supermoto looks definitely beat the "adventure look" of the X!

Just did a 2,000+ km trip going 100 to 120 km/h and passed 90% of the traffic on the hiways. Lots of trucks and Diesel pick ups on the road! One day I did 700 km, at that speed the wind protection is not an issue and I have a piece of foam I place on the seat when I go distances.

If I'd live in the US I'd have gotten the X for sure!

It's quite a step up from the 230, innit?
It is indeed a step "up" from the 230, 160 pounds heavier. But, oh so nice on the highways including more stable in crosswinds than the NX250.

I couldn't get used to the wind turbulence caused by the windshield so I removed it. I've always ridden naked bikes, often enduros, so this seemed like the logical street and touring bike. I expect to take it on a 4000 mile paved road trip this summer, getting back to Montana and Idaho. For that trip I will mount the Giant Loop 50-litre bag.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep, this bike can grow on a person. I've always considered the "adventure bike" style very unappealing. Have had my 14 X since Jan. Seems I enjoy it more all the time. It seems to do most everything reasonably well. Almost starting to like the looks. Really like the centerstand, about the best addition one can have. I'm seriously considering going +1 on the on the front sprocket. Any thoughts there. Ride safe, have fun.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Congrats jsonder!
Finally got what you want.
Recommend you an aftermarket higher windshield for less disturbance especially for your 4000 mph trip.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Awesome and happy for you jsonder. After several years on the 250 forum and now here you finally bit the bullet and purchased your new bike. Have miles of fun ;)

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Time to repair photobucket's damage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a 3300 mile trip, and I carry tools. The down bag looks big but weighs little, that's why it is on the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts