Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get it ... a lot of people have this bike ordered... deposits on it ... it's new and exciting .. but most importantly it's mine!!!

I went to GP Bikes in Whitby because I heard they were having a sale and wanted to see if there were any tank bags that looked good on my bike.

I spend about 30 mins in the store and end up just getting some florescent yellow reflective rim tape. I come out to the parking lot and what do I SEE????? Some [email protected] off sitting on my bike!!! Now keep in mind .. I am not parked by the bikes that are for sale .. it has a plate on it ... what the ****?!?!

So I tell the dude to get the heck off my bike and he has the nerve to tell me to calm down blah blah blah ... what would you guts do??

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I spend about 30 mins in the store and end up just getting some florescent yellow reflective rim tape. I come out to the parking lot and what do I SEE????? Some [email protected] off sitting on my bike!!! Now keep in mind .. I am not parked by the bikes that are for sale .. it has a plate on it ... what the ****?!?!
Wow ... H E L L is even censored .....

·
Registered
458 Posts
I get it ... a lot of people have this bike ordered... deposits on it ... it's new and exciting .. but most importantly it's mine!!!

I went to GP Bikes in Whitby because I heard they were having a sale and wanted to see if there were any tank bags that looked good on my bike.

So I tell the dude to get the heck off my bike and he has the nerve to tell me to calm down blah blah blah ... what would you guts do??
I would have put my helmet on, gone over and head butted him clean off my bike, I would have claimed that i was trying to stop my bike being stolen.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
May be he didn't notice the plates. Consider it a compliment and take a Zanax. You were parked at a dealership. He may of thought it was a demo. If you were in a mall parking lot then it wld be different.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would be pissed for sure, I would have told him to get off and next time ask first, I don't like people touching my stuff without asking, especially when its a new bike and you have to work hard to pay for it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i probably would have told person that this bike is not a dealer bike but belongs to me. Would you please not sit on it. If he then chose to escalate things by being a dick about it then its on him. but

couple of scenarios:

you find someone in your car that you parked at the dealership while you were shopping for parts. Are you upset when the person tells you to calm down after you tell him to get out?

Would you expect the same person to get his head stomped in if the same thing happened outside a Harley dealer after a Hells Angels type tells person to get the Ffen off the bike. For that matter would anyone even sit on a bike in such a case? probably not :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was also a little upset that he had rolled it forward into a different parking space ... as I didn't lock the handle bars .... which won't happen again ...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I agree that there is an unwritten rule no one sits on anothers bike. It is no man's land. However, if my brand new bike was at a dealership that offers demos I wld not be too quick to jump down someones throat. I wld wait to see if they honetly mistook the bike as a demo.

Few years back a friend wittnessed a group of tourists taking turns sitting on a Harley and snapping pics of each other. They were clueless this was all wrong. That wld annoy me. I wld hope I wld handle myself well in such a situation if were my bike. Who knows the temperment of the transgressor:eek::confused:

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
if you sit on someone elses bike, you deserve a good kick in your ass.
Especially, if you sit on a Harley or a cruiser belongs to someone else especially parked for a group ride, most probably the guys will trash you out!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I was out in the wilds of Thailand yesterday (visiting the outlaws) and the neighbour had a good look at my bike, whilst waving a freshly cooked cob of corn all over the gas tank. My wife advised me to be jai yen (cool hearted), so I just muttered a few obscenities under my breath.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was out in the wilds of Thailand yesterday (visiting the outlaws) and the neighbour had a good look at my bike, whilst waving a freshly cooked cob of corn all over the gas tank. My wife advised me to be jai yen (cool hearted), so I just muttered a few obscenities under my breath.
LOL!!!! welcome to Thailand... sabai sabai if you want to survive!

sorry, but thank you for the laugh!

If it happened here in Thailand, Im would be very surprised as most people seem respectful of other peoples stuff. Ive seen group of motorcycle taxis checking out my bike but not touching it. Im 6'4 260lbs so usually if I just look at someone I can intimidate them... but Im usually pretty easy going and forgiving. I would ask politely "you like my bike your sitting on?" If they were cool I would let it go... if they were a prick... Id pull em off by their neck.

Actually I scared the crap out of one lady once... a car that was identicle to mine parked right next to me... I left the store and hoped in the wrong car. Im not sure who was more scared, the lady in the passenger seat or me seeing someone in the passenger seat

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thats down right rude... no excuses.. Even in a dealership it's customary to ask before you sit on a bike.

What would of happened had the moron dropped it?

There is an understanding that all bikers should know, never sit on a bike without the Owners permission. Look in awe at the beaties is allowed.

How would he like it if you 'sat' on his wife for example ;) (appreciate you are a lady but you get my point).

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'd really nicely let the dude know the bike is yours and the demos are inside. I believe the mix up would end there 99% of the time, no chest's out required.
Your bike was in the vicinity of a motorcycle store, and lots of dumb people around these days so the mix up is sort of understandable.
If ur bike was parked in a normal street and there was some guy sitting on it I'd freak out, first thought would be its getting stolen.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
haha. this thread is too funny. (not the guy sitting on your bike - that is not cool)

just the comments

Back to the topic

Some people just do not have respect. Especially if the guy said calm down.. He should have apologized at the least. I've been to GPBikes before. I have never seen anyone sitting on bikes outside to test them out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How would he like it if you 'sat' on his wife for example ;) (appreciate you are a lady but you get my point).
No .. you were right ... I'd sit on him lady ... and she'd be coming home on my bike ... just sayin ... :p

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been to GPBikes before. I have never seen anyone sitting on bikes outside to test them out.
And neither have I ... which is why I was so surprised ...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: SydCBR
1 - 20 of 22 Posts