Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
At the top and bottom of the list of posts on a topic there is a "> Reply" button. That will bring up a similar page to the one you use when posting a new thread.

Or at the bottom of the page after the "> Reply" button is a "Quick Reply" section, you can just type a post into that then click the "Post Quick Reply" button.

Or, if you want to respond to a particular post, you can click on the "> Quote" or "> Quick Reply" buttons that appear underneath each post. The latter just moves the page to the Quick Reply section.

The first of those options opens a new page, like using "> Reply," but it will also include a quoted copy of the full post in the Message box. You are expected to edit this to just the section you wish to quote, then write your response underneath. When editing you just delete the parts of the post you do not need to include, but you must leave the "QUOTE" and "/QUOTE" parts in square brackets alone, these are what will make it stand out as a quote and not part of your message.

·
Registered
613 Posts
these are what will make it stand out as a quote and not part of your message.
I find for a short quote, I simply use Window's highlight & copy (CTRL-C) buttons to get the section I want to quote, then use paste (CTRL-V) to put into new message.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply, part of the problem was my mobile wasn't showing all, and I am getting too old for this technical world. I will keep battling and hopefully crack it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for your reply, part of the problem was my mobile wasn't showing all, and I am getting too old for this technical world. I will keep battling and hopefully crack it. Thanks again.
You only think you have it hard. At almost 83, I only understand one out of every four words in these posts. I miss Amal carburetors and mechanical contact breaker ignitions! The day Joseph Lucas replaced the mechanical voltage regulators with electronic ones was a dark day for me. With Lucas lighting, night time rides were very dark, too.

Ralph

1 - 6 of 6 Posts