Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I've got some led indicators that flash in a sequence. the problem I have is that they restart the sequence too early as the relay kicks in.

On my old 125 I had a 2 pin relay which I just removed and bridged the 2 slots and that worked perfectly. However on the cb500f it has a 4 pin relay and I don't know which 2 pins I need to bridge. I don't care about the hazards not working as I never use it and if it comes to MOT would switch back to stock if I need too.

I've been looking at the wiring diagrams and I can't work it out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After looking at the confusing wiring diagram and spending 2 hours on the bike I have now managed to do it. You need to bridge the grey wire and the pink/blue wire. This keeps constant 12v to the indicators and hazards also work.

Now my other question is, how can I get power to the 3Rd pin on stock front indicator connectors? The wire is there but it doesn't appear to be live although looking at the diagram seems like everything is connected.

I want to try keep everything as stock as possible in terms of wiring so if I could run my daytime running lights from it, would be perfect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone got wiring diagram for the model with led headlight? I have just realised that theres a difference for the position light between old model and the led model. I can only find a pic of the dimmer and light bulb section but not whole diagram.

·
Super Moderator
1,264 Posts
@soldiers33 dunno if you're approach is the best method tbh...
I think you'll find your indicators are 'hyperflashing' because you've installed LED indicators into a circuit that uses incandescent. The stock flasher relay works on resistance, you should swap it for an led specific relay which works on time.

As for getting those sequential indicators and running lights to work, I did the hard work for the wiring in the below thread

Also, you've bridged the position light power to the indicator power feed... are your indicators now not just constantly on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts