Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 415 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like some north americans will be getting their CBR500 babies.

How much did you pay out the door? Just curious if anyone is getting better prices.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Really curious what the premium is on the CBR500 OTD price for Canadians, usually they pay more no matter what the US-Canada exchange rate is.

·
Registered
157 Posts
89900,- norwegian kroners, equivalent to $16000 american dollars, gotta love norwegian automotive taxes!!
wow that's expensive ... it's less then half price over here in Canuck-land eh?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Really curious what the premium is on the CBR500 OTD price for Canadians, usually they pay more no matter what the US-Canada exchange rate is.
$7150 OTD CB500F (ABS) and is the same MSRP as the CBR500R (non-ABS) version.

$16K for the bike in Norway? That is absolutely insane!

·
Registered
146 Posts
$7150 OTD CB500F (ABS) and is the same MSRP as the CBR500R (non-ABS) version.

$16K for the bike in Norway? That is absolutely insane!
yeah.. it goes for cars too, high automotive taxes.. even the gas prices are crazy.. $10 for a gallon! But like I said, the salary is about $69.000 a year (one person) so that makes it up a bit..

·
Registered
146 Posts
69k is average :eek: I wonder how much your Mcdonalds workers make :D

So everyone is paying MSRP? No mark ups?
Yeah, bet the McDonald's employees makes about $50k, but like I said, we pay TAXES for everything, and Norway is one of the most expensive countries in the world, so It's not like we're all rich and live happy..:p

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just went by my local dealer in north florida and was quoted 7.4k for a red abs 500r which I think is a bit much. I think I could get them down to 7k for abs and probably 6.5k for non. Very beautiful bike though

I haven't seen a lot of people from U.S getting quotes or showing what they paid, id like to hear what others are getting so that I kinda know what to look for later

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just went by my local dealer in north florida and was quoted 7.4k for a red abs 500r which I think is a bit much. I think I could get them down to 7k for abs and probably 6.5k for non. Very beautiful bike though

I haven't seen a lot of people from U.S getting quotes or showing what they paid, id like to hear what others are getting so that I kinda know what to look for later
I got a similar quote in Rockville, Maryland (they have 2 CBR500R in stock, white and red for reference). This is the breakdown I got for an CB500F. If you get a loan, it's an additional $20 for the lien fee.

Code:
CB500F ABS

$5999.00   Bike
 $359.94   6% MD Sales Tax
 $175.00   Registration
  $97.00   Tags
 $625.00   Destination
 $199.00   Dealer Documentation Fee
----------------------------------------
$7454.94   Out the Door Price
Code:
CB500F

$5499.00   Bike
 $329.94   6% MD Sales Tax
 $175.00   Registration
  $97.00   Tags
 $625.00   Destination
 $199.00   Dealer Documentation Fee
----------------------------------------
$6924.94   Out the Door Price
The destination fee seems double some other quotes I've seen, and the documentation fee could be $50-100 less. I offered to put a full deposit on the spot if they could get it down to a flat $7K OTD, but the sales guys said they couldn't do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
About to pick mine up on Saturday in Perth, Western Australia; $7990.00 Australian Dollars, on road. No negotiations; i just paid sticker price.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Canada Ontario

After all those good fee's, Taxes of 13% and a finance charge and admin fees ... $7850.00 for the CB500FA

Considering I pay 1 500 a year to park my car and motorcycles park for free .. over 5 years ... 7 500 ... pretty much pays for itself if I just ride it to work and get free parking!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I paid $6470 OTD. I won't bore you with the long story of how I did it but I basically got price quotes months in advance and kept pitting the dealerships against each other to either price match each other and the beat the competing price. I'm a hardcore haggler.

Keep in mind that I also am a returning customer, having bought a brand new CBR250R back in 2011, and paid cash.

1 - 20 of 415 Posts