Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I’m new here! I have a 13 Honda cbr500r motor swapped on a 01 raptor 660 frame. It’s 98% done except the raptor fuel tank is set for carb. I need to know how much pressure the injectors take, and can I use an aftermarket fuel pump.. maybe with a regulator if needed to get it started?

·
Registered
575 Posts
So, you are going to have to cut a hole in the bottom of the Raptor tank to install the fuel pump. I suggest you get the correct pump from an Ebay source and make sure they include the fuel line to the injectors so that it hooks up properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Carlos is there anyway you can send me pics of you 01 raptor 660 swap. Because so far I have the throttle body, wiring harness, relay, and some other parts. But anyway please can you help me with some background information on the swap since you already did 98% of the work. Please and thank you for you time. And about the fuel problem I thing it’s ok if you run a universal fuel pump

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Carlos is there anyway you can send me pics of you 01 raptor 660 swap. Because so far I have the throttle body, wiring harness, relay, and some other parts. But anyway please can you help me with some background information on the swap since you already did 98% of the work. Please and thank you for you time. And about the fuel problem I thing it’s ok if you run a universal fuel pump

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is some pics! Had to put the original gas tank on , so I’m now doing fairing and seat mods.

·
Registered
2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory
1,226 Posts
Hello everyone! I’m new here! I have a 13 Honda cbr500r motor swapped on a 01 raptor 660 frame. It’s 98% done except the raptor fuel tank is set for carb. I need to know how much pressure the injectors take, and can I use an aftermarket fuel pump.. maybe with a regulator if needed to get it started?
FWIW, the fuel pressure is supposed to be 50psi (343kPa) at idle.

In the stock setup pressure regulation in done within the the pump assembly itself. If you go after market you'll need an external regulator. Keep in mind that you'd have to plumb a return line to the tank unless you can find a return-less system to suit your need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Carlos my bike is not starting is there any sensors that can stop it from starting. Like the bank angle sensor or the kickstand sensor?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts