Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Was at the dealer today, just doing some window shopping while waiting for my CBR500R thats due for delivery right after easter, when the salesman sais that this bike is the actual one im getting! :D

I'm SO excited!:D:D:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Was at the dealer today, just doing some window shopping while waiting for my CBR500R thats due for delivery right after easter, when the salesman sais that this bike is the actual one im getting! :D

I'm SO excited!:D:D:D
Congrats man! Your so lucky right now! The feeling must be through the roof once he told you.

Whats the first thing you going to do? go for a ride?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
@Bmkristiansen Did they actually let you take it? or still making you wait?
Assuming you have paid a deposit, if they do make you wait, make sure it has one of those large signs which reads:

"This bike has been SOLD. Feel free to look, but DO NOT touch!".

That's what they put on my bike once I paid the deposit two days before I paid in full/picked it up.

Dave

·
Registered
146 Posts
I couldn't take it with me as the registration isn't completed, and the reason it was out on the floor was becasue they just had uncrated it! The next step was to make the bike ready for delivery with the sign that sais "sold, dont touch" and so on:):)

Theres still winter here in Norway, so I told them that I want to wait to right after easter to get it delivered as I don't want to drive my brand new bike on snowy roads:eek: Hopefully - the conditions get better real soon!

As for plans, ofcourse the first step is going to be to take it for a long ride! I have the perfect break-in ride already planned out. As for what I'm going to do on the bike, I have some thoughts, but I dont want to mess with the warranty and so on. I really dont like the passenger handlebars on the back, so I'm going to unscrew those, and buy a seatcowl. A new exhaust is also on my mind.. Red rimtape would be nice to!

·
Registered
582 Posts
One of these is mine. The delivery truck was a day late, so I have to pop back in an hour or two to collect it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
marmite, congrats. red looks good on cb500f. what a comfy bike to ride it on the streets, i know i rode it.
which bigwing did you buy your bike?

·
Registered
175 Posts
One of these is mine. The delivery truck was a day late, so I have to pop back in an hour or two to collect it.
:eek:

Congrats Marmite!

**** I'll take a red one! Thats what I would be saying if I was from Thailnad! lucky guys. The CBR500F looks so good in red. Are those all accounted for?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Are those all accounted for?
Some, but not all. Only 7 red bikes and maybe a dozen black ones.

I'm surprised they don't have the silver bikes here, as 90% of cars here are silver. I think Thais are too scared to be individual and do something different.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
photos look good bmkristiansen.
Thanks for it.
Gray/silver cbr500r looks OK but does not fully show the bike like red.
Good for people want to keep their licenses though as police will not see them like a red bike:)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Why do some of the cbr500s have that weird metal cover/plate (?) on the exhaust, like in Marmites post, while others do not (eg bmkristinsen's pics)?????

Dave

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thailand regulations vs everyone else's.

Nearly every Thai has a scar from an exhaust burn due to short legs and little sense.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts