Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow bikers!

It's Here, my Honda CBR500R and it looks amazing! However, I got some questions I quite didn't find on the internet which I hope maybe someone here can answer? :)

I disassembled the exhaust to see if there was any chance to remove a slip on or something else to make the sound more deep / fierce but the exhaust is just one thin tube with a HUGE Housing, so I wonder if the whole "plombing" to keep it a second class bike(A2) lies in the exhuast or not?

If so, how much more effect / power will the bike gain from a aftermarket exhaust? And / or is there more "plombing"?

Best regards!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Check out the exhaust thread on here. People have put slip-ons on their bike already. If you want more performance you would have to get a full exhaust and it chipped after a dyno run.
The slip on will really only change the noise and look of the bike.

Regards,

PS - nice bike and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
458 Posts
I should have mentioned 'chipped' is a British slang term for telling the on board computer of a car or bike to pump out more power because you have a new exhaust or you're using high grade fuel rather than the normal stuff or perhaps you've put a turbo on your car for example
If you don't 'chip' the computer you can actually make the performance worse if you were to just put the new exhaust on, as the bike's computer wouldn't register that a change had been made and it would be set up for the old exhaust.
If noise and the look is all you're worried about then a slip on would be fine without making any changes to the the on board computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts