Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's one of the first pictures of a CBR500 engine cutaway model.
Has anyone seen one of these displayed at any of the motorcycle shows?

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
thanks, I always love seeing these cutaway engines, Its amazing how small these pistons are yet they generate so much horsepower. I wonder how much the motor weighs by itself.

·
Registered
107 Posts
thanks, I always love seeing these cutaway engines, Its amazing how small these pistons are yet they generate so much horsepower. I wonder how much the motor weighs by itself.
Good question about the Honda CBR500 engine weight. That's something I questioned with the CBR250 but never found out, seems like it's not something a lot of people care about lol.

If you had to guesstimate, how much would you say the Honda CBR500 engine weighs in at?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good question about the Honda CBR500 engine weight. That's something I questioned with the CBR250 but never found out, seems like it's not something a lot of people care about lol.

If you had to guesstimate, how much would you say the Honda CBR500 engine weighs in at?
I never really thought about how much the engine weighs in at. But if i were to take a guess id say probably 80-100 lbs. The frame, tires and wheels and brakes add up the rest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts