Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The trio of new Hondas are preparing to make their Aussie debut, and the company – as promised – has come out swinging on price, led by the CBR500R's $6900

Honda Australia has set pricing for its three new 500cc parallel twins, and is as follows:

• CBR500R -- $6990 ($7490 ABS)
  • CB500X -- $7490 (ABS standard)
  • CB500F -- $7290 (ABS standard)
The CBR500R and CB500F will make their Australian debut in April, 2013 and the CB500X will follow in May, 2013. The Bikesales Network will be riding the CBR500R and CB500F at the Australian press launch in mid-April.

Like the hugely successful CBR250R, the triumvirate will be manufactured in both Thailand and India, complete with a liquid-cooled, DOHC engine with bore and stroke dimensions of 67mm x 66.8mm and 34mm throttle bodies.

Honda says the engine “focuses on high-rpm output characteristics while considering the low-to-mid rpm range that will be most frequently used by the entry user”.

The CBR500R is pitched at the budding sports rider and provides a perfect middle ground between the CBR250R and CBR600RR; the naked CB500F at those looking for an easy daily commute; and the CB500X takes inspiration from Honda’s 1200cc V4 Crosstourer with its longer travel suspension.

The CBR500R will sport three colour variants -- Tri-Colour, Graphite Black and Victory Red -- the naked CB500F will be available in Graphite Black and Victory Red, and the CB500X will feature in Graphite Black and White.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
good prices IMO for Australia. only 700 - 800 dollars more than Thai price and bikes made in Thailand and shipped to AUS by the way.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah those are some good prices but this just makes me think how much will the cbr500s be in north america. And where will they be built because that has to do with how much they cost in the end i would think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nz is getting reemed with the pricing. $11,000 on road here. Oz's-$6990 coverted to nz Dollar + govt taxes comes out to around NZ$9000 at current exchange rates. Therefore dealers are making extra 2grand on the kiwis. F'in rassafrassing mungrels! US$ to Kiwi is about the same as Oz to Kiwi but US are selling the bikes for $5999.

·
Registered
38 Posts
NZ? Im guessing new zealand.. anyways for 11,000$ you guys are getting robbed over there. Which bike do you have now and how much did you pay for that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
A CBR250r 2011 $6000. They retail for $8k brand new. The first owner i bought it off had owned it for a year and done only 1000kms on it! It's a good bike. Super cheap to run. Fuel injection means always starts and runs really well from cold. Just needs more power now im used to it...

·
Registered
120 Posts

The trio of new Hondas are preparing to make their Aussie debut, and the company – as promised – has come out swinging on price, led by the CBR500R's $6900

Honda Australia has set pricing for its three new 500cc parallel twins, and is as follows:

• CBR500R -- $6990 ($7490 ABS)
  • CB500X -- $7490 (ABS standard)
  • CB500F -- $7290 (ABS standard)
How much would that be including the taxes?

·
Registered
175 Posts
A CBR250r 2011 $6000. They retail for $8k brand new. The first owner i bought it off had owned it for a year and done only 1000kms on it! It's a good bike. Super cheap to run. Fuel injection means always starts and runs really well from cold. Just needs more power now im used to it...
Sounds like you got a **** of a deal. I guess your referring to carburated bikes for starting issues :). Im in the same boat as you with a cbr250r the bike is great and all but i think its time for some more fun with some more ponies to play with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Getting fed up waiting for the 500's to turn up. Supposed to be here in march, now honda's saying april on it's web site. When i ask the dealer he's telling me May-June since they've already sold the bikes to be delivered. Buggrit, might just go buy a 2nd hand 600rr for 3/4 of the price of a new 500...

·
Registered
924 Posts
If I was on my opens, I would be buying a 2012 600RR over the 500R. Easy.

I was back at the dealer today and I heard Mid April delivery in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia.

RRP for the R version + 880 on roads = $8370 approx.

Also he told me that there IS ABS in white/red/blue available on release. But I'm getting so much conflicting info that I think we are just going to have to wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i got my cbr500r abs for 8100 on road, my mate works at a honda dealer here in Sydney.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
What was the price before on road?

Honda*New Bike Specials - Moto Adelaide - Honda, BMW, Ducati Motorcycles - South Australia

In SA has the CBR500R for $7490 ride away inc on roads and maybe $500 for ABS, although I reckon they would be a little cheaper if ya asked properly.

Dave
7600 ride away non abs and 8100 with abs was the price I was given, supposedly few hundred off what they sell them for rrp. Who knows, I just wanted the bike left a deposit. I think on road costs vary a lot across the states in Australia so each state will have a little different ride away price.

Reactions: CBR_Dave
1 - 14 of 14 Posts