Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya,

Im Mark from the UK, just a Hi from me, been reading your posts for the last 3-4 weeks as i was expecting a 500ra. This is me and mine below,

Its my 1st bike, passed test in march after riding a Honda 125pcx for 2.5 years, finally decided to do my test after on Audi pulled out on me when i was riding the moped, killed the moped and i went over the bonnet of the Audi, i had the gear on even on a moped though so i was fine, just a bit sore the next day.

Anyway, loving this bike, after about 200 miles it developed a resonance vibration, coming from the front end somewhere - took it back to Honda and they said they'd have a proper look at it after the 600 mile service.

On saturday i had a good long ride (100miles) and this seems to have done it the world of good - feels, sounds so much better and i think the resonance sound may have cleared up as well.

I went for the dealers instructions on breaking it in - he said " dont red line it and dont go over 70 if you can help it".

Well, we have sunshine over here atm and i must admit i have crept upto 87mph :p

As for economy, typically 60-70 mpg altho the 100 mile ride i did i got 76 mpg.

Loving it :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi Mark and welcome..

Lovely example you have there..

Hope you don't mind me asking but why did you put tax disc on the back wheel (or did the dealer do it?).. Front wheel seems more logical to me?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Looks great Mark nice to see a real world silver one, I like it very tempted by silver myself but may plump for white just to stand out on our roads here in UK.

I never used to keep tax on bike for over 10 years when on got stolen never had a problem with traffic wardens etc either. Kept it in my wallet!

How tall are you Mark?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heya,

Tax disc wen on the back via the dealer and im 6ft 1 maybe 6ft 2.

Bike is very comfortable and manageable being this tall as well.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Heya,

Tax disc wen on the back via the dealer and im 6ft 1 maybe 6ft 2.

Bike is very comfortable and manageable being this tall as well.
Thought must be 6' foot or more, I am about 5'9" so should be a good size and get both feet flat.
Would you say paint is mettalic or just flat silver like?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitley metallic,

I had ordered mine in this colour then someone on here posted pics in black, i thought i might have made the wrong choice until i looked at the silver / grey up close.

Very happy with the colour and everybody that see's them up close says its cool and unusual. Black is still awesome though .

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Thanks Mark, if test ride goes well though looks like showers for Saturday doh, its going to be silver or white me thinks tricky! Expect white will be most popular as its like HRC colours to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Resonance vibration only seems to occur in the wet, other than that its all still good - great commuter bike.

Still looking forward to getting that 600 mile 1st service done.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Heya,

Im Mark from the UK, just a Hi from me, been reading your posts for the last 3-4 weeks as i was expecting a 500ra. This is me and mine below,

Its my 1st bike, passed test in march after riding a Honda 125pcx for 2.5 years, finally decided to do my test after on Audi pulled out on me when i was riding the moped, killed the moped and i went over the bonnet of the Audi, i had the gear on even on a moped though so i was fine, just a bit sore the next day.

Anyway, loving this bike, after about 200 miles it developed a resonance vibration, coming from the front end somewhere - took it back to Honda and they said they'd have a proper look at it after the 600 mile service.

On saturday i had a good long ride (100miles) and this seems to have done it the world of good - feels, sounds so much better and i think the resonance sound may have cleared up as well.

I went for the dealers instructions on breaking it in - he said " dont red line it and dont go over 70 if you can help it".

Well, we have sunshine over here atm and i must admit i have crept upto 87mph :p

As for economy, typically 60-70 mpg altho the 100 mile ride i did i got 76 mpg.

Loving it :D
Good looking bike! I'd like to have that color on an x. We only get black x's in the U.S. My Ford Capri in Germany was Silver/Grey and my Ford Fiesta in the U.S. was also Silver/Grey.

I'm one of the few Americans that know the difference between a boot and a bonnet. I learned that doing "first footing" in Motherwell one new years. I flew over the boot of a 1964 Ford Mustang on my Honda S-90. Got 19 stitches on the crown of my head! :eek: The front wheel and forks were bent back alongside of the engine! :mad: It was totaled.

Where's the boot and where's the bonnet on the green van? :confused: (The old air-cooled VW's sort of confused the issue.) :rolleyes:

What brand of rain/riding gear is that?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good looking bike! I'd like to have that color on an x. We only get black x's in the U.S. My Ford Capri in Germany was Silver/Grey and my Ford Fiesta in the U.S. was also Silver/Grey.

I'm one of the few Americans that know the difference between a boot and a bonnet. I learned that doing "first footing" in Motherwell one new years. I flew over the boot of a 1964 Ford Mustang on my Honda S-90. Got 19 stitches on the crown of my head! :eek: The front wheel and forks were bent back alongside of the engine! :mad: It was totaled.

Where's the boot and where's the bonnet on the green van? :confused: (The old air-cooled VW's sort of confused the issue.) :rolleyes:

What brand of rain/riding gear is that?
Haha, the boot is actually above the 'bonnet' on the green van, or in this case the boot is above the 'engine bay access panel' :p

The gear is Richa RST pro series, they got tested in the rain the other day, 30 mins on a motorway at 75mph, i was dry as a bone, hope they last. Mind you i have a rain suit to go over the top if the weather looks really moody.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mark, what kind of riding boots are those if you don't mind me asking?
Richa Ratchets £100 from the dealer but im sure they are alot cheaper elsewhere, nice and comfy though.

Someone earlier was asking about slip on exhausts, will get one as soon as funds become available (children are expensive atm lol).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Mark,
I'm awfully sorry to bump this thread but I feel obligated to reply for the following reasons;
1. I love this silver colour and if I buy a cbr in march, that will definitely be my colour
2. Is that your VW T2? because if it is, I'm also the proud owner of a 1976 VW T2B.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts