Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, thought I would briefly introduce myself:

Currently been riding a CBR250R -- a fantastic bike and a keeper.

Will be lurker here for the next month or two since I wont be able to get my hands on a 500 until March at the earliest. In the meantime I will follow the posts from new owners with interest.

Cheers,
Damian

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Welcome to the forums Damianw. Hopefully you can pick up the Honda CBR500 soon ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am also from Auckland, awaiting the arrival of the CBR500R. Currently don't have a bike, the CBR500R will be the first bike I've owned. =))

Cant wait for its arrival, and will also be closely following the posts on here!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Assuming you will be keeping your CBR250 I think a lot of us here will appreciate it if you can speak about the CBR250 vs CBR500 from a riders experience.

I noticed there are some people on here that are considering getting the CBR500 as a first bike, but know a CBR250 would be a safer start!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I agree with you HondaPWR. The 250 is an awesome light, responsive bike that is more than enough for a first time rider. Sometimes the larger displacement bikes along with a heavier curb weight can be a daunting negative that only serves to hold a new rider back. Confidence can be affected.

Reactions: DamianW

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have ridden many bikes previously from 250's to 600's to get my confidence up, just have never owned them.

:)

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
I have ridden many bikes previously from 250's to 600's to get my confidence up, just have never owned them.

:)
How come you have never had your own bike? i think your missing out because you always have to wait until one of your friends are free to lend you their bike. Theres nothing like having your own and riding at free will.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Welcome!
You will like it as a first bike. It is easier to control and more balanced than a cbr250.
and, easy power from 1500 - 2000 rpm to up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Assuming you will be keeping your CBR250 I think a lot of us here will appreciate it if you can speak about the CBR250 vs CBR500 from a riders experience.

I noticed there are some people on here that are considering getting the CBR500 as a first bike, but know a CBR250 would be a safer start!
Yes eventually I'd be more than happy to give my 0.02c in comparing both bikes. That said Vroom Vroom can certainly offer valuable insight having owned the 250 for much longer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your welcome guys. Can't wait to throw a leg over the 500 next month. In the meantime I'm now counting down the days...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another NZ Aucklander

Evening all

Looks like there's a few kiwis are lookin forward to this bike turning up on our shores. Been riding less about 9 months now. Had a CBR250r for 6 of those. It looks good, great economy (3.1L/100km), easy handling, starts and runs well from cold, Quick(ish) (got 100mph out of it) but it could do with a bit more power now that i've got the hang of 2 wheels. The cbr500r looks like it'll be the same bike but with the extra power it needs. Be interesting to see what power version we get here in NZ. Ive heard of 47 (euro) and 54(US) hp version's. It also looks like it's got the horn and indicator position swap on the handle bars like the nc700, which has mixed feedback around the net.
Will just have to wait until next month to try out the 500 and decide whether thats my next bike or i just go whole hog and go for cbr600rr for weekends and keep the 250 to commute... looking forward to test rides anyway

1 - 15 of 15 Posts