Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone....my first post....getting my 500f in a couple of weeks...i intend to do the sprocket conversion as soon as i get it....ive seen several posts and just wondering if you have to grind some metal off that plate....or is there enough clearance.........bike is 2018...cheers

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Upper right side of this page you'll see "Custom Search" type in what you'd like to see..."Sprocket Change" ?? use the "VB search" (not "g search).. it'll give you some idea of previous discussions. Go from there. Sprocket changes are a pretty common modification with pros and cons depending on what you want/expect out of your bike. You'll also see upper left of page under "Forums" then "CB500 tech section" previous threads pertaining to your questions. Good Luck. Ride Safe.:nerd:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Direct replacement. 15 minute job.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
More like a 1 hr job if you have no center stand.
You will need to loosen & readjust the rear wheel, but the chain is long enough.

Also may have to remove some items on the left side of the bike. (foot peg and shift linkage, I think)

Be sure to have good metric wrenches and "Allen" wrenches.

Easy job but take your time.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Mine fit perfectly - no grinding or anything else. Just be careful to put everything back together just like it was. Took me, taking my time about 30 minutes. I also used never seize compound on bolts and screws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts