Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've had this scorpion helmet for less than year about 9 months and today the plastic pin on the strap that secures it broke, can this be replaced? can i go to where i bought it and get a new one or get it fixed or would I have to go through scorpion for this? I have never had this happen to me before

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It's hard to tell from the picture, but I'm guessing it's a button to hold the loose part of the strap up out of the way instead of letting it flap in the wind. I would think you'd have to contact Scorpion to ask them what your options are. I'm guessing Scorpion would just replace the entire side of the strap, but I have no idea.

You might be able to find a local store that would be able to figure out something different. If it's what I'm talking about it has nothing to do with the strap fastening to the helmet (safety), and is therefore mostly cosmetic (and to I guess prevent scratches from the strap blowing in the wind). Obviously the solution from a local shop would likely not be quite as pretty, but could still work. I'd personally contact Scorpion first and see what they say.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was to hold the excess strap after the loop, i contacted scorpion and they said to ship it to them to fix it but i decided to just replace the button myself with metal ones, $5 at walmart and about 10 min of work and it's better than new now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts