Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a preferance on Bluetooth communications? I am liking the price point and features of the Sena SMH-10. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was leaning to the 10 based on the larger speakers, better distance to other riders and the way it undocks from the helmet. It also has a audio input for a non Bluetooth device as well.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I've used the Sena SMH-10 for several yrs now and love it. I can link to 4 different riders, use the phone (which I hardly use) and listen to music via Bluetooth. Awesome. Wld not ride without it.

Reactions: Big times

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My brother, best friend and his girlfriend are going to buy matching sets of something to talk together with. The SMH-10 is sure looking like the right fit. The Chatterbox was also on my list, but like you Hyperlite its a bit expensive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I too am interested in the SMH-10 or the Interphone F5, but my main concern with it is if it would be compatible with the iPhone 5.

I would also be looking for a Push To Talk button that I can mount on my handle bar so my hand would not have to leave the handlebars, which I think you can get with the interphone

·
Registered
279 Posts
I too am interested in the SMH-10 or the Interphone F5, but my main concern with it is if it would be compatible with the iPhone 5.

I would also be looking for a Push To Talk button that I can mount on my handle bar so my hand would not have to leave the handlebars, which I think you can get with the interphone
it works fine with the iPhone5. you can start a conversation if you blow into the mic, you dont have to push a button.

·
Registered
45 Posts
it works fine with the iPhone5. you can start a conversation if you blow into the mic, you dont have to push a button.
So to recieve a call or make a call you blow into the mic? not push and hold button to have siri activate?
Just needing some clarification on this, oh and which were you talking about? SMH-10 or interphone?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was talking about the 10. To activate siri, you push the button on side of the unit(double tap?). To activate rider to rider conversation, you can either push the button or blow into the mic (or say a word loud) If you start a rider to rider conversation via voice or noise, after you quit talking for 30 seconds the conversation will shut off. If you push the button to initiate, you must push the button again to stop.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I'm considering buying a few two way radios and just getting some headsets. Much cheaper

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
A lot of you all seem to have the SMH - I'd appreciate pro vs con on the F5 :)

Dave

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi

I got the Cardo Scala Rider G9, and am very happy with it! Works very well with the Iphone, for phone, Mp3 and GPS (Google Maps and Maps(Apple)).

Works very up to 130Km/h! Above that is ok for music but not for phone!

Radio and passenger conversation, are also very good.

Takes some time to get used to operate but very well built!

Eduardo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just bought Sena SMH-10 2 pair. Hope its as good as what people say it is.

Reactions: Big times

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ended up purchasing the HMS-10s. There are 4 of us riding with them. The voice and phone works great. Sounds so clear!. As for the Bluetooth, my phone is a iPhone 3GS and is getting old. My friends don't have the same issue with the music cutting out. I blame the phone. So far I love the 10s.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Riders,

There are so many sena Bluetooth devices with smh 10 name if you specify the particular type with item number or something like that will be helpful.

I have ordered the this one today:
Sena SMH10-11 Universal Bluetooth Headset( RevZilla item# 839075)

Please let me know if I ordered wrong headset. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Riders,

There are so many sena Bluetooth devices with smh 10 name if you specify the particular type with item number or something like that will be helpful.

I have ordered the this one today:
Sena SMH10-11 Universal Bluetooth Headset( RevZilla item# 839075)

Please let me know if I ordered wrong headset. :)

You should be ok. Yours is 11 and mine is 10 (might be other differences too). Hopefully both will work fine. Mine is Sena SMH10D-10 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset/Intercom (Pack of 2).

·
Registered
263 Posts
My riding buddy and I got a pair of Interphone F5MC's. They're really good, but both of us had/have a lot of trouble locating the speakers in a comfortable position. have a Shark S700 helmet and my buddy has a GT Air, I think...

Originally I had my speakers mounted about where my temples are, up and forward of my ears. This was comfortable, and up to about 70kph it was fine for all audio. But above 70, and particularly at highway speed, music was audible but unclear, and phone conversations were mostly guess-work as to what the person on the other end of the line was saying.

The other day I moved the speakers to be just in front of my ears, so they're a fair bit more uncomfortable as the helmet is more 'snug' at that location, but the sound is heaps better, to the point where I had to turn all the modes from full volume to maybe 75% to be clear. But yeah, it's bearable for shortish rides, but uncomfortable for anything longer than about 30 minutes.

So I guess what I'm after are low-profile speakers for the Interphone. It looks like the speakers just connect via a standard 1.5mm plug, but I haven't been able to find speakers which are low profile enough for a helmet and with this plug. I can solder on the plug if required, so that's not an issue, but mainly I'm looking for load low-profile speakers. I have an old pair of Sennheiser 477s which I've considered butchering but I dont know how big the actual speaker drivers inside the housing are, so maybe these aren't going to cut it. If I could get that sound inside my helmet though, I'd probably wet my seat...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ugh, ignore my last post! Between the guy that installed my intercom and myself, we're complete noobs... Had a good play around with moving them around last night and found the sweet spot, where they're just about right in front of my ears, yet I can't feel them. Had to turn the volume way down this morning!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts