Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
I’m not new but returning from about 4 years away as forum then was a bit toxic and couldn’t be bothered. A few of the good people left at the same time so wasn’t worth staying.
I have a black 2015 CBR500R bought from new with 73,000 km on it. Normal mods - levers, slip on, front fork suspension adjusters, rear cowl (which once I forgot to replace with a seat and my passenger after a 30 km ride brought to my attention with complaints of a sore ass). I do all the maintenance and service myself except tyres and valve check. Indeed, only ever had the first valve check done which was in spec so not done again.
The 500 is my commuter / wet weather bike. Still looks great and I rarely wash it.
I have a 2012 Street Triple R (1st gen basically but with the ****** bug eyes not round) which is my weekend bike. Has over double the power of the 500 and consistently beats all the competition in reviews. But, I love my 500 and sometimes just prefer to ride that.
The 500 is a great bike. It is enough bike for road use and I’ve never had a fault with it.

edit: wow! “[email protected] bug eyes” was censored. I can’t say “[email protected]”? The eyes on my triple slant. Gosh.
It’s all coming back now why I left 5 years ago. Not only the toxic people but someone asked about the cause of an annoying noise on the back of their bike and I suggested maybe his wife. Got banned for a month for that.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think we are a bit more laid back here 😉. I nearly bought a street triple instead of the cb500, I know it was the sensible choice, but just leaves me wondering. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts