Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
Been looking to get a bike for quite some time now, took the highway patrol motorcycle training course and got my motorcycle permit back in August, then got the M1 added to my license earlier this month.

Still have yet to get a bike, I was originally looking at the CBR250R, but it has been awhile since I've really looked at anything. Ended up finding the CBR500R and think its more of what I'm looking for. Been looking into it more and trying to find out as much as I could since then.

I plan to go to a local shop today to look at one, though not sure when I'll actually be getting one as I need to make sure the money is there first.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome.

Where about are you located and which shop are you going to, to check out the CBR500R?

I'm assuming the CBR500 will be your first bike? Have you had any previous riding experience?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in NorCal near Sac. The shop is in Carmichael, just got back from there, they don't have them in stock quite yet, kind of expected, but their site had listed them as available. They had a CBR250R, so I looked at that, nice bike, but still want to CBR500R.
Other than the training course I took I don't really have much riding experience. Road a little honda 50 into a fence once when I was 11. Was my first time riding and I hit a bump which caused be to roll back on the throttle, lets just say the fence won. I did when in the training course though. :)

Edit: and yes this will be my first bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts