Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CBR500RA-D
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what type of headlights are on the CBR500R?

I am in the Army in Germany at the moment and I'm getting a new one shipped over here from a tax-free bikes sales place in Germany. It is being sent from the UK though.

I've been told that there are EU light regulations which mean the lights may have to be changed which will cost me about £400.

I've also been told that most new bikes come with flat beam headlights which work anywhere and don't need changing.

If anyone can help, I'd be greatfull :)

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Pretty sure your lowbeam will point wrong way in uk im sure it points to left, used to be fixed on cars with a sticker that made it point over way, years ago parallel imports all needed new lights to comply with uk laws and mph speedos, as ever many crap dealers didnt bother with it.

·
Registered
Honda CBR500RA-D
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I asked about that. I'll see if I can get away with it but apparently if its going to be here for an extended period of time you have to have them changed over.

·
Registered
505 Posts
How will the bike be licensed? When I was stationed there the cars/bikes had green U.S. sized plates. My car, which was U.S. spec, was inspected by U. S. Military authorities not the TUV. No modifications were needed/required. But the headlights would have to be aimed properly.

Can't the tax-free sales place provide this information?

My U.S. spec Ford Capri was built in Koln with a 2 liter inline overhead cam engine designed by British Ford (the German cars were V-4 and V-6's). It had 4 round headlights which all of the German Capri's had 2 rectangular headlights except the RS 2600. I used to run down the autobahns and would see cars getting out of my way. I didn't understand why until an RS 2600 came up behind me!

Things have changed significantly. All of the military installations I served at are gone. I used Google Earth and couldn't find Robinson Barracks Headquarters Company in Stuttgart, Matcom (MMAEUR) in Zweibrucken and TASCOM Headquarters in Worms!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts