Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, I do like the stock handlebar shape. I would like a handlebar that is about 3/4” to 1” higher and 3/4” to 1” closer to me.

Does anyone have the stock handlebar dimensions? Like the rise & sweep?

Yes I am aware of risers but I think that would change the position of my madstad windscreen which mounts to the top of the handlebar clamp.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have you tried lining up a piece of wood (1" x 2") alonside the handle bars where you should be able to measure the rise and sweep dimensions. This should help to do a search for the ones you are after. Not sure what the cb500x bars are compared to yours, may be worth a check also other models are well.
It is hissing down here so unable to measure mine (2018 cb500 F).

·
Registered
629 Posts
I tried the 1" risers, and adding them was an improvement. However, purchased the CB500X handlebars and what an improvement!! They fit right in there perfectly and offer both a rise (approx 3") and a position back some.

You will also need the CB500X clutch cable, and even though one can get by with the original brake tube & throttle cables, it is best to replace them as well with the 500x equivalents.

Perhaps the hardest thing to get done is the bar end vibration dampeners, but once you figure them out, they are easy!

·
Registered
95 Posts
........ However, purchased the CB500X handlebars and what an improvement!! They fit right in there perfectly and offer both a rise (approx 3") and a position back some......

Depends on which year CB500F the original poster has.

I believe the 2019 500F has a fatbar (28mm) rather than the 22mm (7/8") previous models have.

In that case the 500X handlebars won't fit 2019 500F.

It will fit previous year 500Fs.

jb

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the 1" risers, and adding them was an improvement. However, purchased the CB500X handlebars and what an improvement!! They fit right in there perfectly and offer both a rise (approx 3") and a position back some.

You will also need the CB500X clutch cable, and even though one can get by with the original brake tube & throttle cables, it is best to replace them as well with the 500x equivalents.

Perhaps the hardest thing to get done is the bar end vibration dampeners, but once you figure them out, they are easy!

Thanks. I’m trying to figure it out right now. It might be a couple weeks before I get the parts & installed. I think the X might be too much but I haven’t decided yet.

I’ll post my measurements up later too of the stock although I don’t know how good they are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts