Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a secondhand CBR500R (2014) and I love it but the sitting position is just a little bit too far forward for me. I have a hip problem and it's exacerbating it.

The handlebar arrangement on the CBR500R seems fairly unique, and different from the CBR500F/X as far as I can see.

I've searched for handlebar risers and I only found one from Helibars. They're pricey and out of stock on that website, and the Helibars website itself doesn't seem to have them at all.

I see for other bikes there seem to be lots of risers available at reasonable prices.

Any tips?

·
Registered
522 Posts
It's a little extreme, but you could replace the top triple clamp with one from a x or an f model and then mount after market handlebars or possibly the bars from an x or an f would be what you want.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Last Summer I wanted to raise the bars on my 2017 CB-500F and I sourced 30mm risers and correct, longer bolts.on E-bay for about $17. They fit fine and feel fine. the extra 30mm (1 1/3") makes a great difference. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Last Summer I wanted to raise the bars on my 2017 CB-500F and I sourced 30mm risers and correct, longer bolts.on E-bay for about $17. They fit fine and feel fine. the extra 30mm (1 1/3") makes a great difference. Highly recommended.
You can't do that on an R model like the OP has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts