Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BANGKOK - KHAO YAI - BANGKOK 11-12 MAY 2013

My non-forum mate (CBR250R) and I (CBR500R) are planning a trip to Khao Yai this weekend, leaving from Foodland Ramkamhaeng at 1pm Saturday 11th May (ie, tomorrow, sorry for the late notice, this is a last minute thing). The expected route is here - https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=14.226138,101.028031&spn=1.671895,3.345337 and we plan to stay at Sportsbar Pak Chong overnight Saturday. We will head back early on Sunday morning, say 7am or so for best riding conditions. I just called the resort and reserved the last two rooms but the owner said there is another place nearby that can take any extra people we have. We will have sun behind us both ways which is a great bonus, and should be back in Bangkok by lunchtime Sunday. All are welcome to join us, we will be at Foodland from 12:30pm tomorrow for a prompt start at 1pm. We will ride at the pace of the slowest rider (probably me! haha) except for when we enter Khao Yai where the road is twisty and interesting and I expect people will want to do that at their personal maximum. Hope to see LL, DDP, BCT2013, AnthonyP, QT_CBR500R, HondaPWR, DonM, nakdrydr and anyone else from Bangkok that can make it. Anyone interested to join us, please PM me your mobile number and real name for easy communication and I will do the same.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Good trip matt.
Would love to ride with you guys. But i am pretty busy nowadays with work. May is my worst month!
Happy rides for you guys and see you at the next ride:)

·
Registered
279 Posts
would love to go ride with ya but Im in Korea at the moment. I will admit Im really enjoying the cool weather and the soft curvy scenery!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TRIP REPORT BANGKOK - KHAO YAI - BANGKOK

We had a great ride to Khao Yai yesterday and back to Bangkok today. The roads up and back were good and the road in the park is twisty, good surface and excellent to push yourself, and the entrance fee only 70 Baht each way for bike plus rider.. We arrived around 6pm, had dinner and watched some sport on TV and rode back early this morning. The park is even better in early morning, cooler and less traffic. We had to sit out a downpour for about 30 minutes on the way home (see pic! haha) but apart from that no problems and home by lunchtime. Total round trip a little over 400km. We plan to do this trip again, I guess early next premier league season - I'll post here in case anyone is interested. For others who want to do this ride independently, I highly recommend Sportsbar Pak Chong as an overnight destination - we spend less than 1300 Baht each for 2 meals, air con bungalow and a few beers, and good company there too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Sounds wonderful. 400k with an overnight is a nice leisurely ride. A rain shower is a convenient bike wash lol. Thx for sharing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Marmite: yes the Wave was a bit embarrassing but couldn't avoid it in the pic while remaining under the roof during the downpour.
@Vroom: seems the maximum comfortable ride for me in Thailand is about 250km (maybe 300 at a stretch), especially with the in/out of Bangkok which is hot and horrible. We have been in our hot season since I got my bike in March. I guess in Canada you must have the opposite problem re weather, right?

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
sounds great Matt. Next time, i will be with you guys!
And no worries for the rain, i like riding under hard rain in Thailand:) - as it is always hot here!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No worries LL, at least we'll see the back of you as you disappear up the twisty and perfect road in Khao Yai National Park. First one to the resort buys the beers!

·
Registered
279 Posts
a few of us are TRYING to go ride this weekend. Everyones schedule has been such a mess lately. Where do you live?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys. Do your have any plan for trips in August or September? I am interested to join in, recently just bought my CB500F. I am new rider and looking to make some new friends.

·
Registered
279 Posts
hey Alvin. I dont know of anything planned, but that doesnt mean anything! Where about do you live? I live near Jactujak. If nothing else can take a ride to some of the local shops around here or big wing and get lunch at the coffee shop.

·
Registered
279 Posts
as long as Im not off to Malaysia for a visa run (or Singapore for robot programming class) Im good to go!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi DDP. I stay in Bang Kapi, appox 15 min ride to Honda Big Wing. But i only ride on the weekend. Too scare of the bangkok traffic, feels like every taxi is trained to be a big bike killer. Haha.... I would love to go on a trip out of bangkok. But i am a super new rider, you guys might have to wait forever for me. Hope you guys don't mind... Can we have a day trip like in the end of August? Ban Saen or maybe some costal area? Just Suggestion.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts