1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Picked up my Cbr from Pattaya Big Wing last night and love it,
Seems smooth easy handling and enough go for me on these roads,
A couple of minor adjustments like HBs and levers to do other wise it seems fine
And still nimble enough to sneek between the container trucks at Laem cha bang(port)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi Don - there's a couple of Thai based guys on the forum. Me & loserlazer for starters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Marmite. hope you guys are enjoying the bike as much as i am.Seem to be dodging the 1metre potholes and 8 way intersections ok so far.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
I am doing fine here don. Close to 5000 km and no glitches.
Congrats for your bike.
Thai bike population is ever rising here! Cool.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm phyhonyothin near major, where you guys based? I'm assuming y'all are farang like me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I am another farang born in NZ.most of live in australia.
Live in Bangkok and Stay in sriracha week days.
Looking for the best bike route between the two places if
there is such a thing.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Yes I am another farang born in NZ.most of live in australia.
Live in Bangkok and Stay in sriracha week days.
Looking for the best bike route between the two places if
there is such a thing.
through Bang Na - Trat road don, no other way unfortunately.

Guys one day, lets catch up in Bangkok, why not?

·
Registered
49 Posts
It would be good to meet other Bangkok-based bikers and I wondering if anyone is interested in an introductory group ride. I know most of the roads on the east and north east side of Bangkok pretty well for bicycling, still finding the best ones for road motorbikes. Since I bought my CBR I've been working on variations on this route (clockwise) -

Bangkok to Chachoengsao Loop

It goes past a very nice coffee shop in Chachoengsao so I normally stop halfway round for an iced cappuccino. The route back is a bit boring but I may be able to find a better option (still working on that). As it stands now, its only about 125 km but I find it takes around 3 hours including a coffee break, mainly due to traffic into and out of Bangkok. From Nong Jok to Chachoengsao the road is nice and not much traffic.

I find it best to start very early to beat traffic and heat. Is anyone interested in doing this route or a variation, leaving from Foodland Ramkamhaeng at 6:30am on Saturday 20th April? Best to start with a full tank, and arrive a bit early for a coffee or breakfast so we can meet each other first. Please post here if you're interested. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
matt i would be happy to attend an intro ride so that sounds great but Saturdays are working days in Thailand for corporate drones so can we make it on Sunday and maybe a little later like start at 08:00?:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
OK LL, let's meet at Foodland Ramkamhaeng (map here: Food Land Ramkhamhaeng - Google Maps ) and leaving at 8am on Sunday 21 April. Best to start with a full tank, and arrive a bit early for a coffee or breakfast so we can meet each other first. I'll send messages to the other forum members that I know are in Bangkok.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
matt, lets do it. We can also visit the big temple in Chachoengsao - Wat So Thon - briefly.
and if possible lets make it like 09:00 as i am living on the opposite side of town near Pink Lao - and for me to reach Ramkahemgnhameng takes some time.
Thanks for this Matt, it will be fun.

·
Registered
279 Posts
sounds like a blast! I have 2 concerns... #1 I am a new rider and dont want to go way over my head or slow everyone down.. #2 I have a really strange work schedule. I can probably tell you friday the 19th if I can make it. I may be in China or Korea...

If yall dont mind a newb tagging along Id love to go. If nothing else maybe I will show up and ride with ya guys as long as I can, if I dont feel comfortable Ill just bow out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
LL/DDP: Are we still on for this ride? I went out this morning and came up with a completely new ride (got rained on too). It's better than the Chachoengsao loop which has too many trucks. If I get a chance I will refine it further, otherwise here it is - https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...2jICBg&dirflg=ht&mra=mrv&via=1,3,4,5&t=m&z=11

Need to start from Foodland at 8am Sunday as I have family commitments later in the day. If you're coming please PM me your mobile number and I will do the same.

DDP: don't worry it isn't a race, just a Sunday morning ride.

DonM: cool, I'll let you know if we do another one

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
i m in Matt and ddp, no worries, we will do an easy ride not a race. just come man.
maybe a slow pace like 100 - 140 kmh max.
sending a pm to you right now.
and how long this route take? i have some appointments afternoon too so better i know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dear All, I finalised the route this morning (see here - 19-4-13 Motorbike - Google Maps ), beautiful day for riding, I passed Foodland Ramkhamhaeng on the way out at 6:45am and on the way home at about 9:50am so total riding time just over three hours including one stop for 20 mins or so. Total distance 170km, max speed indicated about 120km/h but most of the time less than 100 (say 80-90 or so). I wouldn't feel safe on these roads going faster, there are random rough bits and with the shadows on the roads you can't see the potholes. For Sunday we will ride within the speed of the slowest rider and I will bring a friend with a CBR250. So DDP you are most welcome and I hope you make it. LL, this may be too slow for you? I don't think the rest of us are in your league, haha. I'll be meeting my mate for breakfast at 7:30am Sunday at Foodland for 8am start, anybody is welcome to join us, this is supposed to be social and fun.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts