Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to all, Andrew here.
In the market for a weekend bike to replace my Suzuki, that is going on a bit. Was thinking of something placid and went to the Yamaha dealership to check out the SR400 35th Edition. Price was a joke (HKD79K or about EUR8K + taxes) for such a ride.
Had a look on the Honda website and read of the CB500 (to be released here early May in F and R versions). No info about price available yet. I guess the R could interest me if priced sensibly.
Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loserlazer,

Thanks. Quite hilly and bumpy roads around here, but good enough to ride fast at night. Daytime is an other story due to perpetual traffic jams. Seldom need more peps than what a 500 can provide, so might as well ride a bike that doesn't cost an eye and an arm.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
cool man, happy rides there. i live in Bangkok and i can understand you on the Asian traffic, that is why i do no t need more than 500 cc here too!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome!

I have seen crazy videos of how guys ride at night on the hong kong highways, looks like theres a whole lot of highway for you to ride on but just be careful. Are you looking in to getting the cbr500f or the cbr500R?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Howdy! welcome aboard. Isn't the traffic a little too congested for riding? My son in law came back from there an told me traffic is insane and they have road blocks every single night. Is it really that bad over there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts