Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Dave here. I'm from LA but work/live in Bangkok now. Im tired of relying on taxis around here so just ordered a 500r. I hope to pick it up tomorrow or else Tuesday.

I dont have any plans on modifying it at all but curious if I should install sliders. I am not a speed demon by any means (I did grow up auto parts/ machine shop with muscle cars) and have always ridden safely. But wondering if a small investment can save me money for if/when I do drop it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, thats what I was thinking. I took the cbr for a test spin at big wing, and their demo had a set. Unfortunately Im 6'4 and my leg was just long enough to touch the slider and found out quickly the hard way that thing had a sharp edge. Blood loss, iodine, and a plaster later, I knew I wanted the bike :) When I went back to start the paperwork I was told they removed the slider incase other tall farang wanted to try the bike as well

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
sorry for that.
k speed bangkok - rama 2 road is selling sliders for 1500 thb and they are OK ergonomically for foreigners. you can get one as price is good but it is only attached from one point to the engine and a good strong slider needs to be attached at least from 2 points. but for 1500 thb, it is still OK.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey guys, Dave here. I'm from LA but work/live in Bangkok now. Im tired of relying on taxis around here so just ordered a 500r. I hope to pick it up tomorrow or else Tuesday.

I dont have any plans on modifying it at all but curious if I should install sliders. I am not a speed demon by any means (I did grow up auto parts/ machine shop with muscle cars) and have always ridden safely. But wondering if a small investment can save me money for if/when I do drop it.
Must be a nice change from west to east. I think i'm due for a relocation as well.

Sliders in my opinion is insurance for your fairings, oil cover and stator cover. Although you can be the most careful rider it doesnt mean the rest on the street are. And plus how about when your bike is parked and somebody knocks its over. these sliders are a small price to pay compared to brand new fairings and other things.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
We have people from all over the world :)

Post up the 500r photos when you get it.

What have you owned before?

And what kind of work do you do in Bangkok if you don't mind me asking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts