Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Those look pretty cool, but the kick starter ends on the 22nd and its only at about $525 of $150,000 he was looking for. Wonder if he will still sell them if the kick starter doesn't make it.
After looking at some of the videos of the cbr500r it looks like it should fit exactly the same way as the 250.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reading more into his product/site it looks like they will be available on amazon next month from $80 each for the cbr250, then about 2 month later for the cbr600rr and a few more.

hopefully he will do the CBR500 soon too

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Yeah started reading the comments on the kick starter as well as he was saying that to someone. That's good to know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is probably one of the most innovative mounts i have seen for any bike. So it attaches to the triple tree bolt hole and it swivels with the handle bars. I'm sold.Perfect attachment for those who want to leave their phone as a gps unit and call device for your bluetooth device on the cbr500.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is definitely worth getting. Can't beat being able to mount your smartphone and gopro to it. Plus as you guys will see from the video about it below, there's very little shake/vibration, very sturdy....

·
Registered
175 Posts
the only thing I would be worried about is someone stealing it. If he was to offer a special bolt head for security I would definitely look further in to it. I've had mirrors taken from me while I was parked in an underground parkade at the gym. So this hot gadget would be a target too.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just bought a Rocket Rail on Amazon for 80 bucks.

Just curious guys with that mounting ball, does it fit 'all' Garmin's. I'm new to this stuff.

I've been looking at the Garmin 350LM and was wondering if that little ball mount will work or do I need some sort of Ram Mount adapter?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Just bought a Rocket Rail on Amazon for 80 bucks.

Just curious guys with that mounting ball, does it fit 'all' Garmin's. I'm new to this stuff.

I've been looking at the Garmin 350LM and was wondering if that little ball mount will work or do I need some sort of Ram Mount adapter?
Do you not have a smart phone with gps?

·
Registered
924 Posts
My phones lose reception in outback queensland, but my GPS is rock solid. Unfortunately, my previous decade old TomTom is dead.

If I was in the city I would totally just rock my iPhone. I'm cheap like that.

But after reading the PDF manual for the 350LM it fits the ball mount on the Rocket Rail.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I have dedicated gps received on my phone, most phones do nowadays. Don't need a data or cellular connection at all.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Really??? I didn't know that. I thought it was fed by the phone connection.

Hmmm.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Rowan, if you're using the Tomtom app then it's independent of phone reception.
If you're using google maps or apple maps, then you need the reception.

BTW I dunno if you noticed my post in another thread, how did you go with Opti-coating your bike?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also got mine off amazon, I don't think it is easy to steal because it has little torque screws on it so unless the thief comes prepared it won't come off.

It states the ball is for garmin so I assume all the bike ones are the same, I know it doesn't fit my Tom Tom I have to source a new mount or ball

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know that the Garmin Zumo came with a Ram mount. Probably more expensive than what most will want to pay though.

I've had mine for 5 years now; and other than the battery being absolute shite it works great. Oh, and having a 2" smaller screen than my cellphone bothers me a little bit.

But it's waterproof, has handy features that allow it to be used while wearing gloves, and is fairly fast when acquiring GPS locks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
For me the killer feature of Garmin's mapping software such as MapQuest or Bootcamp is being able to plan and create a circular route ie A to A, via a lake, the seaside, etc, then loading it into the GPS unit. This is so much easier to do on a PC or laptop.

Anyone know if I can do that planning on Google Maps and then transfer the route to an Android phone like a Samsung S3/4?

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but this Rocket-Rail is very interesting to me. I'm interested in purchasing one but have had no luck. I've tried emailing the creator of the mount with no response. For those of you who have it, is it worth it? Or should I just try the other solutions gps/phone mounts available for the 500R?

Thanks in advanced!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts